What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darn tree rats!

The stupid squirrels I have been battling have just a crime of war! For the first time, they attacked my cps! They have been digging in my flower pots, but not touching my cps. so I thought it was fine but today I went out and saw my S. Purp destroyed. I have used hot peppers on the soil and it worked, but how can I get them to stop chewing? I will post a pic of the tragedy later.:cry:

Same here...uprooted my S. alata sw La, S. flava, and S. leucophylla and ate some pitchers here and there. Dug small holes here and there, but never have they touched my S. purpurea venosa.

Get some cats, mine are on the front and back patios from spring til late fall, they love it patrolling out there day and night keeping all our plants safe. :)

▲▲▲ "Watchcats"............... :-))

Dooooohhhhhh !!!! I just remembered seeing a tree rat yesterday, the same day I move some pots out on the porch ! We never have them so it was an unusual sight. Gotta turn the dogs loose or fill them full of hot lead.

Every year I struggle with this. I have lost more plants to squirrels than I can count. My VFT bog isn't anything compared to what it was last year. All the nice VFTs I got from Andrew. :( I think I have one dentate that survived.

My mom thinks if I set out a steady supply of food for them they might not feel the need to dig for food. I dont know if its the best idea. they may just come around more.???

Back