What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If this is not disturbing I don't know what is.

Finch

Whats it to ya?
Seems Rome has a new mayor. But he seems very disturbing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1915484/Rome's-new-mayor-promises-purge-of-migrants.html

Alright, yes it is a British newspaper article

and yes, it is just a mayor. But how can anyone be elected that says things like

In a sign of things to come, after Mr Alemanno's election Mr Berlusconi declared: "We are the new Falange."

The original Falange (or Phalanx) was the Spanish fascist party, founded in the 1930s, whose doctrine was adopted by General Franco.

Mr Alemanno's election was celebrated by hundreds of supporters chanting "Duce! Duce!" and raising their arms in Mussolini's fascist salute.

"We cannot welcome them without discipline," he said. "We will chase out the delinquents. There are 85 abusive nomad (gypsy) camps to destroy."

Mr Bossi said on Wednesday that immigrants had to be hunted out, and that if reforms were not forthcoming, his followers would take up arms.
Alright, so I dont know how impartial the publication is but given media bumblings and bias, that still seems like a extremely disturbing development even if it was half true.

This just goes to show the only thing that history can show us is that humans fail to learn from history.

Honestly though I see parallels in this country with all the conservative rhetoric about immigration.

Yeah, it's a regular Third Reich out there...

This just goes to show the only thing that history can show us is that humans fail to learn from history.

Honestly though I see parallels in this country with all the conservative rhetoric about immigration.
I'm sorry that you don't like hearing the truth. ???

I'm not saying they should be hunted down like rabid dogs, but things have GOT to change.

Illegal immigration affects many Americans on a personal level besides billions in taxes going towards paying for their medical bills and other nonsense. How many Americans have been burglarized, raped, brutalized, or even murdered by illegal immigrants that should not have been here in the first place? No, the majority does not engage in such activity, but there is a portion that commits a significant percentage of such crimes in this country and that is unacceptable. The bad eggs ruin it for the bunch. I'm sorry.

Wow, anybody got some tin foil I can use to make a new hat apparently people are reading my mind. Oh wait they got it all wrong but since anything I say will just have ridiculous assumptions made about it I am just going to keep my mouth shut and goose-step right along with them.

Our economy would collapse without illegal immigration. It'll probably collapse anyway, but illegal immigration keeps our agriculture-industrial complex going, so it does affect every American on a personal level. And I have no doubt that native-born Americans perpetrate more crimes on illegal immigrants than the other way around.

Back to Italy, Berlusconi controls ~90% of the media through his own business empire and through government-run media. So Italy is a great example of what a lapdog press can allow to happen. Italians aren't as stupid as they act during elections, but it shows what forced ignorance can accomplish. We're well on our way.

Wow, anybody got some tin foil I can use to make a new hat apparently people are reading my mind. Oh wait they got it all wrong but since anything I say will just have ridiculous assumptions made about it I am just going to keep my mouth shut and goose-step right along with them.

Dont make ridiculous stereotypical liberal nonsense statements like:

and people wont have to make ridiculous stereotypical conservative nonsense replies..

Scot

ps..opps..I replied to a political thread..
thats against my own "rules"..
but once again I was duped by a very ambiguous subject heading..
I wont be reading this thread anymore! (seriously..)

Scot

Our economy would collapse without illegal immigration. It'll probably collapse anyway, but illegal immigration keeps our agriculture-industrial complex going, so it does affect every American on a personal level. And I have no doubt that native-born Americans perpetrate more crimes on illegal immigrants than the other way around.

Back to Italy, Berlusconi controls ~90% of the media through his own business empire and through government-run media. So Italy is a great example of what a lapdog press can allow to happen. Italians aren't as stupid as they act during elections, but it shows what forced ignorance can accomplish. We're well on our way.

How would the United States' economy collapse? They are a drain on the economy as it stands right now. That means that overall, they contribute less than what they take in the form of entitlement programs, medical bills, crime, etc. As it stands, all of that agriculture and industrial work that they do which you are touting, is subsidized by the rest of the country. We managed just fine before millions of people began flooding across the border in recent decades since they obviously cannot manage their own country. If you want to come to the United States, that's great. I'm not saying we should shut everybody out, and I don't think anybody is. However we need to make sure you're not a criminal and have something to offer and will be an asset to the country rather than a detriment or drain on the economy. We don't need more people like that. We have enough living in trailer parks and ghettos as it is.

I have a really simple idea to cut down on the illegal immigrant "problem"...and I think it's much cheaper than building a big fence or anything crazy like that.

The answer lies in this:

Illegal immigration affects many Americans on a personal level besides billions in taxes going towards paying for their medical bills and other nonsense.

Quite frankly, if we as a society stop paying for all these extras (and get rid of the anchor baby program) for illegals, then the economical burden of that goes away, and the lack of freebies would turn away some potential illegals.

But for some reason, hiring a bunch of border patrol police-types and building big fences is apparently the most sane way to go about it. :crazy:

ps..opps..I replied to a political thread..
thats against my own "rules"..
but once again I was duped by a very ambiguous subject heading..
I wont be reading this thread anymore! (seriously..)
This was not meant to be a topic on immigration. I was worried about the people openly wanting a return of the Falange. I know you are not reading this but for the benefit of others, I would like to say that the Italian situation is hardly a parallel to any conservative here… they [the italians] came to power on the immigration issue but that is hardly the only thing they are up to. Tearing down museums or whatever else.

Back