What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green Mold‼

Fryster

--Freedom Czar--
I have been having this problem with green mold growing on top of pots with standard CP peat/perlit mixes. :censor:

My question is: What product is good for killing and eradication with a simple surface application?

Obviously some sort of fungicide, by what type and what brands are effective at doing the job?

I’ve tried sulfur-based (somewhat effective) and Neem oil (also somewhat effective), but I think these were meant for foliar application. I need something for media surface application. Is there such a thing?

Thanks,

Hmmm. Slow replies...........

Soooooo here is a pic of a deceased Cape sundew seedling over come by grey mold rather than the usual green mold. I gotta find a way to defeat this darn mold problem. :censor:

greymoldCape.jpg

I'm sorry, I thought you said green algae. Mold can be stopped by increasing airflow. Every time I get it, I make sure to adjust my fans a little and it goes away. (Unless it's mold on a bug that's been caught)

Looks like the mildew that affected my Cephs last December.
ceph_mildew2.jpg

I used a systemic fungucide but I am not sure if that would kill the sundews since they are smaller and more fragile. More air circulation will help greatly.

Back