What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A photo trip to Darlingtonia country

Last weekend, May 3-4, Jim Miller, Barry Rice, Beth Salvia, and I descended on Harry Tryon's place overlooking the Smith River in Gasquet, California. For two full days, we visited a number of Darlingtonia californica sites, many of which had Pinguicula macroceras ssp. nortensis, two sites had Drosera rotundifolia, and one site had all three genera.

My photo journal is at
http://www.humboldt.edu/~rrz7001/Gasquet/gasquet.html

Enjoy!

Wow! Thank you for sharing Bob.

Wow. Look at all those pings!!! What beautiful sights.

That looks like such a fun a trip. I'm always amazed by the size of Darlingtonia because I usually only see them in those plastic cubes.

Awesome photos. Thanks for the travelogue and photos Bob. :) Nature sure is grand!

Thanks for the wonderful photographic expedition. It's always great to see CPs in situ.

Wow! Thanks for the pictures! i would lvoe to see that in the wild. So awesome! Thanks BobZ!!

Thank you for sharing the trip with us!

Its always very interesting to see carnivorous plants in their natural environment. Thanks

In addition to the pics, I enjoyed the interpersonal companion commentary:

"Barry takes precautions to avoid a social disease, or, perhaps, to reduce wind and diffuse light. Unfortunately, I just hand-hold, point, and click. I also drink the stream water, much to the dismay of my city-fied companions."

"Jim generally remained clean and dry (except for an occasional face-first swan-dive into the mud), but Barry just puts his rear-end into the water to get the proper photographic composition."

:slap:

Back