What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad day in Melbourne and Palm Bay...

Today is a very bad day here in Melbourne and Palm Bay (Florida). Fires are everywhere! Right now as I post this, there are about 12 or more different fires around Malabar, Daytona Beach, I think, and Palm Bay. I'm sure that Cphog knows of this since he's from Palm Bay. I'm here in Melbourne I can see smoke in scattered places. I first noticed when I was outside in my school and I said, "Is that smoke?" and my friend said, "probably just a cloud." Well, it was indeed smoke. Horrible day here...

HAHA I knew you didn't live in Antarctica :devil:
They will go away eventually.

HAHA I knew you didn't live in Antarctica :devil:
They will go away eventually.

I'm just visiting Florida right now, I'm on vacation :D. Jk :jester:, but anyways. I guess they will go away, but idk. We haven't had rain in a while. That's sort of unusual. Dryness + Sweltering heat = Forest fires. Although...I din't hear somewhere that it was someone who threw out something that made a fire. We aren't sure ???. I blame Global warming :jester: (not really :p).

"We haven't had rain in a while. That's sort of unusual. Dryness + Sweltering heat = Forest fires."
Either you haven't been in Florida that long - or you live in a very odd part of central Florida. We are still in our dry season and get very little if any rain this time of year. This is the time of year that brush fires regularly occur. The rainy season should be starting up in a couple of weeks. We actually had an unusually high amount of rain this year during March compared to normal years, and wait till summer with the sweltering heat you'll wish you did live in Antarctica.

so Capensis is in Australia? I blame global power plants, get solar people!

Dryness + Sweltering heat = Forest fires

No, Dryness + unnatural fire suppression = out of control forest fires.

I second Ozzy.

I second Schloaty and third Ozzy. Savannah habitat burns regularly. Notice how people living in highly flammable places always look for an arsonist or someone tossing a cigarette or sparks from a train to blame? The fault lies with those that made the money developing inappropriate areas and with those who live there. You might as well build a house on the beach at low tide and complain when the water rises.

Back