What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which two Nepenthes are better?

Hopefully some were put into TC and we just don't know it. I myself haven't got any Neps anymore anyway so I'm just talking. Someday I'll have the room to get the climate control chambers setup again and the toothed varieties were my faves it'd be nice to be able to grab an eddie when the time comes.

Cap, I know what ya mean. It'd just be fun to watch - especially the last day or so. You could set up a crazy reserve price like $10 k or something, just to see how high the bidding goes! Seedling or new car... seedling or new car... :)

Speaking of Neps, where's ol' Tony Baloney Parobek? Did growing kids take him away from growing Neps?

Hamata I think. I like the black.

He he he someday I hope to get in the know of these things, and Join the inner circle!! :-D

Hamata wins for me... it's got the furrier, wilder look, and i'm partial to speckling :)

Edwardsiana is more elegant looking though, my taste might change with my mood!

Or, we do know and we just do not talk about it...

That could mean yes they are in TC but you won't say so, or no they are not but you won't say so.

I'm going to believe the former :) I can't let hope die, Travis. I can't let....hope....die

First time I looked at this thread.
I would have to say that I do really like N. edwardsiana. If I had 1 it might beat the N. hamata as my favorite.
N. villosa is also right up there also. I really like the tubbier pitchers the plant produces. Reminds me of a raff on growth hormones.

Theyre both interesting, but If I had to choose I would go for edwardsiana

Back