What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We're one step closer to Jurassic park.

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
In our lifetime, or at least mine, a scientist says it may be possible to resurrect extinct animals. This news is AMAZING.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080520/sc_afp/scienceanimaldnaaustralia

It's a chance that one day we may partially undo the atrocities that man has committed against poor animals such as the Thylacine and the Dodo. Who knows? Maybe one day there really will be a Jurassic park! Or maybe one day growing Archaeamphora will be possible! I doubt it.. but it's a nice dream.

Ive read articles on this particular subject, and believe that it is highly probable that science will recreate an extinct animal in the future. It will be very interesting to keep up with progress in this area, and hopefully we will be able to witness this in our lifetime.

Hell yeah I love dinosaurs. I've always wanted to ride a stegosaurus.
If I did though, would I still be dependent on fossil fuel???

I like the shape of the brontosaurus. Ann Elk: Thin at one end...much much thicker in the middle...and thin again at the far end. lol

I've also read about this stuff and most seem to agree it will never happen. Although its cool to think about. :)

I hope they bring back a Dodo one day.

It would be cool if we could manage to get back the species man has driven to extinction to improve our animal herding or out of fear. The recreation of dino's on the other hand I think is a bit too difficult as the preservation of DNA just doesn't happen over that great a period of time. Though i have to say if they cloned the Tasmanian tiger, I would definitely want one as a pet, even though it could eat me.

It would be nice to bring the dodo back. You know they had to taste great since they were eaten to extinction. KFD all the way.

I love Jurassic Park! I dream of the day "when dinosaurs roam the earth" or whatever that banner said in the movie. Chaos...

xvart.

Brontosaurus?? You dinosaur - it's Apatosaurus now! :-))
Actually, might have changed again...damn scientists.

I would love to have dinos live on earth, but of course, we'd have to get some ALF guys together and then we could spring them from their research facility jails - THAT would be awesome!

I have two mental images - one of Fred Flintstone ordering Bronto Burgers and that of 'Newman' and his safeguarded computer.

Where is the picture of the mouse! I hate when they say they did something and go ahead without a picture of the thing!

Back