What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gimmie-Gimmie sydrome

possible solution is to explicitly state that you arent doing unsolicited ROAKs on your growlist---that way, you can point them there.

i have seen growers get bugged when they post first and foremost in their picture threads that they do not have divisions for trade.....some ppl just have no manners which is why i dont feel bad verbally kicking them in the nutz.....hell ive seen some not onlly have balls to tell a grower they must sell a division to them but also try and dictate at what price the division of a rare plant should be sold....

some ppls kids are only alive cause its illegal to push them into traffic.....

some sort of glitch....not sure if its on my end or what...

I think the chatbox got disabled at 6:00 I had a heck of a time loggin in tonight.

o_O!

Behave sir! ;)

LOLOL!!
Honestly, what Jon is doing is good. However, if a person will ask me for a Ventricosa cutting, I may offer it for shipping. That is a MAY! Now no one be getting any ideas...

i have seen growers get bugged when they post first and foremost in their picture threads that they do not have divisions for trade.....some ppl just have no manners which is why i dont feel bad verbally kicking them in the nutz.....hell ive seen some not onlly have balls to tell a grower they must sell a division to them but also try and dictate at what price the division of a rare plant should be sold....

some ppls kids are only alive cause its illegal to push them into traffic.....

if they still ask even after having that line posted on my growlist, i wont have any reservations whatsoever chewing them out and throwing tactful language out the window. people need to learn respect-- they cant use the "i didnt know card" any longer.

since they are my plants, it is my decision and my decision alone that determines who i give plants too. if i wanted to do a random giveaway---i'd be posting that in the trading/giveaway forum. if they're looking for a plant, they should ask for it in the trading/giveaway forum as well, that's what that section is for!

developing a mutual friendship wouldnt hurt either.

Last edited:
Hey, and don't forget, if somebody is harassing you via PM, report the PM to the mods. It's kinda hard for us to take action if we don't know what's going on. Also, you might not be the only one being bothered, so it helps us know the scope of the problem.

Hey, and don't forget, if somebody is harassing you via PM, report the PM to the mods. It's kinda hard for us to take action if we don't know what's going on. Also, you might not be the only one being bothered, so it helps us know the scope of the problem.

Yes, remember the "report this post" or whatever it is is also on private messages, so the message comes directly as sent from the person so there isn't any confusion are accusations about a forwarded message being altered.

xvart.

wheres the fun in telling a mod......sometimes a 5 day "time out" is worth it, does wonders for stress levels :D

I heard Hippo Plants really exist. I'll take one.. here's my address..

wheres the fun in telling a mod......

Heck, as far as I'm concerned...if someone is so brazen as to demand plants from you, by all means, have your fun. But I think we all agree we would rather not see this sort of behavior on TerraForums AT ALL. So, report it to us AS WELL, so we can take further action if needed.

Sorry for necrothreading but...

Man... reading this made me go back and reread my e-mails and posts here... I hope I will never be that pushy!
What about: OMG I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT THAT AND THIS plant. Does anybody have it, anybody?... posts everywhere.
Or when you offer someone a plant and the person treats you like he does you a favor...

Granted, I am new to this and try to stay respectful, but reading this sometimes ruins the mood.

thanks for bring it back gill_za! This thread cracks me up! :-))

The thread title made me think about this old punk song:

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cpGm90eItt8?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

This thread makes me miss Timmy.... RIP

sometimes people that are starting a collection see stuff and just can't wait to get it
and sometimes people are in a rush or don't feel good and forget to say thank you,or some people just like to write short simple messages and don't mean to be rude
sorry if a few people think im rude, meds make me forget things and i have trouble typing because i can't feel my fingers, so this is a big thank you or sorry to anyone that thinks I was rude to them or unthankful

dunno if this irks any of you, but it does the heck out of me...

an individual asks and begs and Begs and BEGS for a plant (not necessarily a trade), and some kind member of the forum out of the goodness of their heart GIVES them the plant they've requested. THEN, out of the blue--within a few days to a week's, that same individual decides to open offer the plant he/she just received for a trade to get something else, as if the plant he received from the other member gave freely and kindly gave was worthless.... really? talk about ungrateful...

on the up note, it's been a while since i encountered an individual like this---which is a good thing. still i think it warrants being said.

Good thing I stumbled upon this thread (I was looking for Pyros posts about utrics :) ), reminds me to be humble and appreciate the generosity of members in this community!

Hmmm, I gave some plants away a while ago, and tbh, I found that the person was pretty rude, considering I gave them a load of free plants to start them off (I have millions of spares around), and even payed for postage to make it easier. ??? Annoying.

Back