What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gotta vent - DVR troubles

schloaty

Staff member
So, ever notice how when you schedule a program on your DVR, it sometimes cuts off the last couple of minutes?

Well, my wife and I just encountered:

"And the winner of American idol season seven is....CUT OFF

:censor: :cry: :crap: :angry: :comp: :headwall: :rant:

Yeah, there are stations/programmes that do that on purpose... And sometimes "it just happens" with live stuff.

Dunno what DVR you use, but I can set mine up to go X minutes beyond (or before) the regular schedule of the programme. Doesn't help you this time, but may be worth looking in to for repeat offenders.

Thats really funny. I was watching TV at my girlfriends house, and it cut out at the EXACT same time. Seacrest said, "And the winner is..." and then a black screen popped up. I could care less about the show, but my girlfriend was freaking out. We were watching it live though. It turned out her mother was DVR-ing a show that ran from 9-10 and then one that ran from 10-11, and for those few overlapping minutes, the machine freaked out. I wonder if the network planned that to happen that way...

I'm ashamed that I know this, but my wife was watching it. David won, not the little David the bigger one.

I only like watching the audition shows at the beginning of the season.

Cant you program it to shut off at 10:05 or something?
you can do that with an old fashioned VCR! ;)

(I dont know anything about DVR's or TIVO..I record about one show a year, if that..with the circa 1990 VCR, still working fine..)

Scot

David won, not the little David the bigger one.

LOL. David Cook <---the bigger one.

I also only like watching the auditions at the beginning, but then I want to watch the finale as well. My husband was complaining how stupid they looked throughout the whole 2 hours last night, lol.

David Cook won, but I preferred the teen.

Cant you program it to shut off at 10:05 or something?
you can do that with an old fashioned VCR!

(I dont know anything about DVR's or TIVO..I record about one show a year, if that..with the circa 1990 VCR, still working fine..)

Scot

Well, it wouldn't work for us in the past, so we called cablevision last night. Turns out, at the moment, you can only do that when you schedule the recording. You can't schedule it, then go back and edit it - the change won't save.

At least now we know for the future.

And Jimscott, how could you? Nothing against David A., but Cook is far and away the better performer.

I liked David A better too. He's such a cutie pie! <----That wasn't the reason I wanted him to win :blush:

The auditions of ear splitting torture :D

I love the auditions, it's so funny. I'm pretty sure it was David Cook. Some of my friends say that the David in a way was better because they said something that his voicebox got paralyzed when he was a kid, or something like that.

I liked David A better too. He's such a cutie pie!

you couger you.

Back