What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do I feed pinhead crickets?

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
I just had some baby crickets hatch this morning, what do I feed them? I tried looking it up, but every site just says to feed them, but they don't say with what. Right now I have carrots and potatoes in there, and a damp paper towel to drink from. I also put in a couple dog food kibbles. Is this alright?

I just had some baby crickets hatch this morning, what do I feed them? I tried looking it up, but every site just says to feed them, but they don't say with what. Right now I have carrots and potatoes in there, and a damp paper towel to drink from. I also put in a couple dog food kibbles. Is this alright?

You can feed them almost anything. Whenever I keep some, I provide:

Banana
Fish Flakes
Crushed Dog Kibble
Apple
Sponge soaked in Water
Leafy Greens
Iceberg Lettuce

I let all my crix eat the same thing, calcium enriched cereal grains from Flukers, a 1 lb jar lasts practically "forever". I use the clear yellow jello as their "water", occasionally I mist actual water into their container. I had to use pinheads when my anole was a hatchling they lived fine on that stuff.

grain?

Thanks :) I'll add some more fruits and veggies for them. I also have fish flakes, so I'll add that too.

Some dry oatmeal works good too.

Thanks, I'll add some oatmeal too :)

veggie scraps are great too...dog food...anything they are scavengers really...

Back