What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Look what I just found on my carpet

DSCN0296.jpg

DSCN0302.jpg

Ummmm, a spider? I just squished one on my wall last night.

cool
but i hate them Oo (arachnaphobic!)
it's either a Hobo spider or a Wolf spider

Spiders... meh. Wait until you get a house centipede. :0o:

Ewwww ewwww ewwww! It was on your foot?!? I would have freaked out big time! :0o:

Umm, I'm constantly finding spiders, ... they're everywhere! They don't even realize that they're spiders! Hmmm, sometimes I wish that I had some formal training in these Arachnids, especially those small jumping spiders, closely related to tarantulas, perhaps some are new and unidentified species! Even the "wolf spiders" are all over my Aldrovanda pond! ... Nice folk though, they eat bugs, they are my friends! ;) - Rich

wolfs spiders arent that uncommon... ive seen some seriously ugly bugs....

Is a "house centipede" a centipede with big stripey legs like a cricket? We get those at work all the time they're fast but a shot of WD-40 causes them to fall apart as they run-gross!

BY: rsivertsen Umm, I'm constantly finding spiders, ... they're everywhere! They don't even realize that they're spiders! Hmmm, sometimes I wish that I had some formal training in these Arachnids, especially those small jumping spiders, closely related to tarantulas, perhaps some are new and unidentified species! Even the "wolf spiders" are all over my Aldrovanda pond! ... Nice folk though, they eat bugs, they are my friends! - Rich
me tp all around my house! one even tried to crwal up my bag it was huge lke the one the PK is showing.

House centipedes (I have 'em) are hunters, and consume roaches, ants and whatever else they can catch inside your domicile.

They're fast, ugly and scary. Like spiders they combat the insect menace in each of our homes. (I still hate both though...) ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_centipede

Yessir that's the ugly centipede bastiches we get at work - you oughta hear the girls scream! :-D

I like spiders although I always catch them and put them outside.

Well my old prof responded and told me, "spider IDs are hard, but it's some sort of wolf".

enough wolf spider's here
and allot of those big legged short body'd spider thingy's

Looks like a wolf spider. They get huge. *shudder*

I've had some pretty bigs one here at my house. Also golden orbs...BIG.

If one of those got on me, I'd die.

PAK- I LOVE the big garden orb weavers. I have them in my garden every year. Argiope, Araneus, etc. are completely harmless. You can handle them very safely and they are not the least bit nippy; albeit they are really large and scary looking. Wolf spiders will usually nip if they are carrying an eggsac or spiderlings on their back or if it's a hobo spider. Hobo's will bite without the least bit provocation and are considered to have an extremely toxic bite. It's one of the 3 medically significant spiders in the US, the other 2 being brown recluse and black widows...I love the widows by the way. Very pretty spiders. I know...I'm wierd.

PK- We also have those camel spiders (Solifugids) here in CA. We occasionally get them in the house. They're frightfully fast and the creepiest looking things around. What a set of jaws! Some species will actually charge after you if they feel threatened. Type in 'camel spider' on youtube and look at the horrific videos of these demons. It's the stuff nightmares are made of.

OK philcula officially creeped out. As stated before in my opinion the only good spider is a dead spider. Mental note never move to California, camel spiders, earthquakes and the like. We'll stay in the midwest where there are black widows, brown recluses, deer ticks and tornadoes. I feel much safer.

I must confess liking the golden orbs or garden spiders as I was raised. We fed them grasshoppers as kids.

Back