What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

near as i can figure he must be a freaking idiot

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
WOAH! Let's back up a little bit. Ghetto does not equate "black" and visca versa! All of the ghetto people in my town are white, thank you very much, not that it matters at all. Race is totally irrelevant.

To clarify on my own opinion, I believe in welfare. I absolutely do! I believe anyone who needs help should get it. I also believe if you're on food stamps, you have no business with an Iphone or a Playstation 3. Period. You also don't need to eat lobster or steak. That's abusing the system. However, if you're poor, can't get a job or have one that's not enough, you eat generic food, don't have luxuries (especially cigarettes and booze), then I'll be the first person to say that we should help you out all you need.

I totally agree! If your on economical life support(food stamps and so on) your goal is to get yourself back onto your feet if you can.

and Hilary was all of a 3 hour drive from me....Obama 2 and a half.......wouldnt have gone to see them if they were in my town.....wouldnt bother for McCain either........
*acts shocked*

.... yeh but you hate all of them anyways so that is unsurprising :poke:

As for welfare, if you can find a way to cut out the true leeches and keep those who truly need support in difficult times, let us know! How do you find out the information to make such decisions without violating personal rights and liberties?

Surprise visits from an official four random times a year. It would be implied consent. It would not violate liberties because my being on welfare, you agree to this.

I'm not suggesting you go over the house with a fine-toothed comb. A simple glance in the fridge, on the coffee tables looking for ashtrays, and a look in the drive way will suffice. If they open the door with a cigarette, there's a problem. If they're wearing anything more expensive than wal-mart clothing, then there's a problem.

You don't have to tell me politicians are liars.

I know how small town poor people think. I've lived in a poor, small town for all my 33 years, a 150 year old craphole along the MN river called Chaska. Small town folks fear things that are different more than anything-going through school in this town told me that, every day I had conflicts with the mentality expressed by both students and teachers. Free thought is NOT encouraged in small towns. It stuns their reality tunnel to believe there really are people out there who don't look, think and worship exactly like them and that they too have a voice in a country where everyone is supposed to be equal.

That's why I can't wait to see Obama get in! :-D

Did anyone see that letter Billary wrote to superdelegates where she references Karl Rove's maps, and whined about how if she doesn't win, then 90 year old women will never get a chance to see a woman president blah blah. Lol buffoonery.

As long as we have the mortgage interest deduction, the biggest welfare recipients will be wealthy people with mortgages on pricey houses. But I absolutely agree that food stamps should only be used for food, which the author Michael Pollan wrote, means something a great-great grandmother would have recognized as food.

Athough foodstamps are treated as welfare for the poor, they're really welfare for the agricultural industry. The day that foodstamps can be used to fill a shopping bag with eggs and greens, but not PopTarts and chips, is the last day of the foodstamp program. Political support would evaporate overnight.

In MN you can not buy "luxury items" with food stamps (it's actually a swipe card now to limit "selling" of the old paper credits). This means no candy, pop, shampoo, etc. There is also a 5 year limit to welfare here unless you can prove something you're crazy (crazier than me) or something. :)

As for welfare, if you can find a way to cut out the true leeches and keep those who truly need support in difficult times, let us know! How do you find out the information to make such decisions without violating personal rights and liberties?

uhhh and this isnt done everyday? actually im of the belief that if you are asking the government to help you through a hard time you must prove you are on hard times there for if yah want the help your the one that is choosing to open up your financial records and all that....if yah dont want the government digging through your personal buisiness dont ask for guberment help.....

hell the IRS butchers the 5th Admendment reguardless of what the Supreme Court has said on the matter....the only way the IRS can prove you have done something wrong for the most part(unless your in partnership with someone else) is for YOU to provide the IRS with that information...yet the Supreme Court says you have to though it goes directly against the Constitution saying you have the right not to incriminate yourself......our government blows right through the Bill of Rights and Constitution on a daily basis and your saying government cant throw a magnifying glass on the ppl they are handing out money to because "they are on hard times" because it interfers with rights and liberties are sadly mistaken...but it wont be done cause to many polititions count on the votes of those ppl......

Back