What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pics of previous NASC auction winners

I won that thorelii x aristo. Then it flowered about 9 times in a row and died.

Fact of biology, stressed plants hyper flower in an attempt to spread their genes before they die. This is why cuttings often flower. The fact that it was flowering so much implies that you kept it under high stress conditions so that's the reason it died.

Some of those plants are looking great. LOL @ the mystery dew.

We should make the Spam an NASC auction tradition. The winners of the Spam should start a journal and write about his/her experiences with Spam. How you played together. How you went to the movies together. The good times the bad times. And in the end, how you put Spam into a shipping box while singing "You're my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when the skies are gray." And then finally sending it and the journal (and the T-shirt) off to the next winner while shedding a sad tear.

We should make the Spam an NASC auction tradition. The winners of the Spam should start a journal and write about his/her experiences with Spam. How you played together. How you went to the movies together. The good times the bad times. And in the end, how you put Spam into a shipping box while singing "You're my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when the skies are gray." And then finally sending it and the journal (and the T-shirt) off to the next winner while shedding a sad tear.

ROFL JC....How did y'all play together? What movies did y'all see? :-))

That would be funny to pass a journal along with the spam. It would almost be like a log book for a cache. Everyone would get to read the history. lol

I think Bruce should bid on the spam so he can win it back for his wife. :)

Some of those plants are looking great. LOL @ the mystery dew.

ROFL JC....How did y'all play together? What movies did y'all see? :-))

My journal would basically consist of: "Today, as everyday, I stared at my collector's edition Sir Spamalot can of Spam and resisted the urge not eat it. It becomes increasingly more difficult not to become 'one with the Spam.'"

xvart.

The fact that it was flowering so much implies that you kept it under high stress conditions so that's the reason it died.
Wrong. Flowering in neps does not always equal stress. Plus, lots of neps flower multiple times in a row. It died like 5 months after I won it anyway, so I really don't see what everyone is getting all fussy about. Not every plant is guaranteed to live, and I was just making a quick statement about what the fate of the plant was, not "trying to be negative" or some nonsense.

Because you didn't say it was 5 months after the auction and...the fact that your plant died wasn't relevant to the topic.

Got a pic of the plant when it was flowering?

No, but here's a pic I found of a month or so after I got and rooted it:

1130071922.jpg

First pitcher it made for me....and I didn't have a camera then, so sorry for the cellphone pic.

Gosh PK always bringing down the positive vibes!

just kidding of course! I think that everyone probably understands the constant give and take this hobby has... and that even with optimal growing conditions some things dont always work out... BUT

all these plants look awesome including the mystery dew and dare I say even maybe ... just maybe the spam can even.

haha I think this auction is going to be awesome! I hope everyone is as excited as I am

I'm afraid I'm going to miss something haha. I'll be glued to the computer and be kissing my stimulus check goodbye.

I know its going to be like those final minutes of an EBAY auction where everyone is just refreshing their page like madmen... I wish someone recorded the amount of times F5 was hit on this website haha

Yeah the end of the auction is rather funny. There are so many people logged onto the forum and the topics are shifting up and down. :)

Yeah the end of the auction is rather funny. There are so many people logged onto the forum and the topics are shifting up and down. :)

Now is a good time to create a subscription folder called NASC Auction and subscribe to all the auctions you are interested in and don't want to forget about. It also helps you keep in touch with how much money you've currently pledged!

xvart.

My wife never forgave me for donating her can of Spam, so I'm glad you posted a photo of it looking so well. I'm sure it'll outlast all of us.

Bruce, Next time I go to MN I should pic up a can straight from the Spam factory for you to give back to your wifey. Its made there and Spam is making a comeback! I still have yet to eat it. My sister loves it. LOL I think for what it is it is a little pricey.

I won that thorelii x aristo. Then it flowered about 9 times in a row and died.

umm PK Maybe you should have cut the spikes after the first flower or two. ???

And granted some will flower repeatedly, but some times it is stress to the plant that causes it. I know me agreeing with Ozzy. Yes stranger things have happened. Almost every plant will flower in response to severe stress. Sometimes that is how you have to get orchids to flower because they simply refuse to.

'one with the Spam.'

:-)) :-))

Thats some funny **** right there! LMAO

BTW JC you could merge these posts when you get a chance. LMAO

Last edited by a moderator:
I know me agreeing with Ozzy.
:eek:

Yes stranger things have happened.
No this is pretty much the strangest this that has ever happened.
Now if I can just get you to understand that Hilliary is a god.
:headwall:

BTW JC you could merge these posts when you get a chance. LMAO

lol. I did it like that to break up the monotony of so many quotes. You know, like chapter breaks in a book. Actually I'm just trying to boost my post count, but don't tell anyone... whoops!

xvart.

Bump.

xvart.

where can I get one of those cans of cheeseburger? Is there a place I can order it online?

I would like to try some alot!

Back