What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smart phones?

• Thread starter wmgorum
  • Start date
Hey Y'all,

It's getting close to my contract expiring on my cell phone and I want to get a new phone and switch to a different company. I have T-Mobile Sidekick 3 and I LOVE the phone, but I'm less than happy with T-Mobile coverage when I'm traveling in Louisiana (apparently they don't do bayous).

I need another smartphone, preferably something with a full keyboard for texting and such since you can't pick up a phone and call Deaf people. A good internet service would be fantastic too. I'm trying to stay away from a crackberry because they're like twice as much per month as my Sidekick is.

I'm thinking about going with AT&T and getting an iPhone. Anyone have any experience with iPhones?

What about Verizon? Any experiences with their network and smartphones?

Later,
Will

YAY iPhone!

I don't own one but I know someone who has one and they love it.

I would totally get an Iphone if I were you. I've heard they're exceptional with the caveat that they have short battery life.

battery life can't be any worse than my Sidekick... I can go a day and a half before the battery dies.

I currently use a Sprint PPC-6700. It's a great phone, although a little big (but not compared to other Smart Phones). I'm getting a new phone on July 1 (once the old fiscal year ends and a new one begins!). It's the HTC Mogul PPC-6800. Essentially they are the same phone except the Mogul is smaller, upgraded features (I think it has the auto silence phone during meetings), and better overall performance. A colleague of mine just got one a couple months ago and it's pretty nice.

I like the sliding phones that open up much more than the ones with the keypads on the front. They are smaller, and more efficient, in my opinion. You can also plug them into a laptop and use as a modem when you are places you can get a phone signal but don't have a land line or wireless signal.

xvart.

edit: as for battery life, my PPC-6700 can last a day and a half or so. I usually charge every night, though.

Back