What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I did but that is not good enough for my mom she says that the camera is garbage if it can only take ten pictures at a time and that is why she might take it back, I found several 1G SD cards on ebay and it's like 20 dollars cheaper that at the retail stores.

EDITED

I would now like to inform everyone that I just ordered two SD cards for my Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS.
The cards are way cheaper thanks for that ebay tip it saved me 20 dollars after shipping and everything.

Ah I see. I was going to suggest newegg.com but I guess ebay works. Could have gotten a 2gb for $20 with shipping :).

Crystal

good lord, Canon's are the furthest thing from garbage!! :eek: i use a Canon PowerShot S2 IS, it also came with the ridiculous 10-picture memory card... which is a joke with this beast. i bought a 2 gig SD memory card and the thing holds like 700 pictures on the highest quality setting... unless you're a professional (or go on vacation without your laptop ;)), that's probably more than you'll ever need at one time!!!

i LOOOOVE my Canon :) i would recommend that you do yourself a favor and invest in the lens adapter kit with hood, and a UV filter to go with that... not only does it allow you to use (some) telephoto/macro lenses (they do have to be made for Canon SDs, it's not universal), but for about $20 you've got great lens protection. if you're shooting with those pieces on and (god forbid) you drop the camera, you break the plastic stuff and not your very expensive lens. plus the hood helps increase contrast in bright outdoor light, and the UV filter... well i don't notice a difference with it, frankly, but they tell me it's good to have and it does do a good job of protecting the lens.

good luck with the new camera!! :)

EDIT: actually, looking it up, i'm not sure the SD line has the lens adapter... but if it does, still DEFINITELY worth the investment!!!

Last edited:
Back