What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We have lift off!

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
Space shuttle Discovery just took off from Florida. Here is what I saw from my front yard.

new.jpg

new1.jpg

new2.jpg

new3.jpg

new4.jpg

thats a pretty sweet view... :) I'd like to see a lift off up close

coool wish we had a dutch space organisation :p DSO lol

I'd like to see a lift off up close

Yeah me too! It's only an hour and a half away, but right now with gas prices, I don't think we can do it.

musta been so loud you can hear it from your house huh?

Neat. I would love to see a launch someday. Must be neat living so close.

xvart.

Yeah me too! It's only an hour and a half away, but right now with gas prices, I don't think we can do it.

Niki wow what you driving a hummer that only gets 4 miles to the gallon?
Is gas that much more in Fla? Its 3.84 here and 3.94 in Charllotte last weekend.

The price we pay for being gas dependant.

Great view though! I have seen them roling the shuttle tothe pad before. Awesome!

Upper- Now we couldn't hear it at all.

JB- No, the gas is the same price here, but when you're living paycheck to paycheck, you kinda have to think about not going an hour and a half out of your way for something. If we did that, we'd see the space shuttle, but we wouldn't be able to eat
;)

Howe about $4.25 ? Really getting high.

well there's still SOMEthing good about holland, The Gas Prices ;)
PS: this was on the news here, some stuff for the japanese on the ISS

Last edited:
I hear ya Niki. You guys have it better than some down there. No state tax down there. I am getting raped by the state of Ga.

PS: this was on the news here, some stuff for the japanese on the ISS

No replacement parts for the toilet? Have been unable to keep up with news, unfortunately. I don't know if they can repair it or will need a new module. In space, waste treatment is a "bit" of a concern.

i am looking forward to the replacement to the space shuttle. How many people realize it is still an experimental aircraft?? Supposed to be retired in 2010 I think. Then there would be No other ships to bring up large things into space like satellites and space station parts.

Has anyone read or heard about the shuttles replacement?

No replacement parts for the toilet? Have been unable to keep up with news, unfortunately. I don't know if they can repair it or will need a new module. In space, waste treatment is a "bit" of a concern.

poo burn's when entering the ozon
lol LOOK MOMMY a shooting star! you fill in the rest :-))

Darn, I missed it! I was watching TV Saturday, knowing there was something important but couldn't remember. When I heard my window shaking, I remember about the shuttle, but when I went outside, there was only the smoke trail T_T. Oh, well. I can always see another.

Ah, I just got a moment to open the paper; looks like a replacement pump was included onboard. I'm sure the astronauts in the ISS will be relieved. ;)

Ah, I just got a moment to open the paper; looks like a replacement pump was included on board. I'm sure the astronauts in the ISS will be relieved. ;)
:-)) Goodun' I think your right in both senses.

Darn, I missed it! I was watching TV Saturday, knowing there was something important but couldn't remember. When I heard my window shaking, I remember about the shuttle, but when I went outside, there was only the smoke trail T_T. Oh, well. I can always see another.

Capensis, if you want to see the liftoff, go to nasa.com. You can watch it there, if it means that much to you :) If not, just wait for the next one ;)

Capensis, if you want to see the liftoff, go to nasa.com. You can watch it there, if it means that much to you :) If not, just wait for the next one ;)

It's not that important to me, but I'm lucky enough to be able to see it. I always do enjoy watching, though. I want them to launch one at night, then that would be something I don't want to miss. Btw, it's www.nasa.gov. www.nasa.com leads you to another site.

Last edited:
Back