What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is anyone good with HTML that can help me fix my blogspot skins?

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Is anyone good with code that can help me fix my blogspot skins?

Hey. I have tried and tried to get this to work. A LOT of the skins I get online do NOT work properly on my one day old blog. I copy the code exactly as is given, and it doesn't work. I've also tried looking on IE and it doesn't make a difference.

I can't post the blog since there are a few F bombs, so here's a screen shot that doesn't show it.

Untitled-6.jpg

And here is what it's meant to look like:

http://www.blogskins.com/screenshot/133043

And it's not just this one. A lot of other good ones do this or something similarly crappy, too, and my updated browsers don't make a difference. Not all of them do this.

Here is the code.

http://www.blogskins.com/download.php?sid=133043

Also, some skins are meant to be on one side or the other of the page. Is there a way I can edit the code so that it's centered? This one, for example.
http://www.blogskins.com/apply.php?sid=177430&action=Preview

I've upgraded my blog to the newer template, and then when I enter the SAME code, no skin works. It says "Your template could not be parsed as it is not well-formed. Please make sure all XML elements are closed properly.
XML error message: Open quote is expected for attribute "{1}" associated with an element type "language"." and I have to revert my blog to the classic template to get it to accept anything at all.

I looked at that.. and that didn't help me much lol. I think the code is written in xml? I really don't even know lmao.

Someone suggested my screen resolution was too large. I'm on 1680 x 1050. Why would ever other page on the web look fine but these? I shouldn't have to use a crappy resolution.

It looks like CSS to me. I'm at work now but I'll do my best to remember to look at it when I get home. Its possible you have some of the elements set incorrectly; Its tricky to make CSS, or any web language, work very well for all resolutions... specifically widescreen ones. Thats why most people code for the most common resolutions; either way I'll give it a go when I get home if someone hasn't figured it out. CSS isn't my strong suit but I know a little bit.

Neal

In the division id=box get rid of the "center" tags, change div line to:

PHP:
<div id="box" align="center" style="position:absolute; left: 415px; top: 330px;; padding:5px; width:250; height: 255; cursor: S-resize; z-index:2; overflow: auto; background-color: transparent; border-height: 100%;">

In the division on the bottom of your code for the "o1","o2" etc change top: 420; left: 340 to top: 420px; left: 340px;

It made it larger, but still pretty much the same. I'm a bit unsure about what to do for the stuff near the bottom. I wasn't sure what to delete.

I think its the resolution as well Clint. For instance my resolution is 1920 x 1200. SO many of the small 640 x 480 pics look like thumbnails. Many webpages which fill up the screen on my old monitor now look pretty small on this one. So it might be just that effect. One thing u could do in that situation is try to center the main table horizontally and vertically so that it appears in the center of the page.

I just woke up, so I'll play with the resolution when I get some sense lmao. Care to tell me what to delete and add to center the main table?

I had to set my screen to 1024 x 786. I'll do without...

Back