What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barack Wins

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date
Latest press release from the hillary campaign, from last night:

6/3/2008
Statement from the Clinton Campaign
The AP story is incorrect. Senator Clinton will not concede the nomination this evening.

from: http://www.hillaryclinton.com/news/release/view/?id=7894

she lost the race a month ago..after last night its REALLY REALLY lost..
but yet she wont face reality..when will she give it up?

a presidential canidate SO out of touch with reality that she cant even admit she lost..
even when its way beyond obvious..
wow..
im so glad she isnt the canidate..

Scot

Hey, I don't know what any of you are complaining about - at least "they" count you as a full person with a full vote in your states.

I voted in am still registered in Michigan and voted there and honestly I am pretty pissed off the Democratic party is going to allow the votes in Michigan and Florida to count at all. Our elected representatives in those states moved the date of the primary fully knowing that the Democratic party would not seat their delegates then. If you are upset with someone get mad at your elected officials. In Michigan at least if you read your entire ballot when you vote there is a section where you choose your party representatives, plus I know in Michigan the house, senate, and governor all had to approve the change so you don't have any right to complain. If you were going to be upset and complain you should have done it before the date was moved and let your elected officials know that they will be losing your vote if they moved the date. I am sick of people waiting until they are penalized and then complaining, if it was really a big deal to you then you should have been doing something to prevent the date from being changed.

That said I agree super delegates are stupid, especially since they are usually people active in politics at the time which means senators can accrue favors with them which to me just seems a bit underhanded and shady. But I also think every state should hold their primary on the same day we don't string out presidential election out over 6+ months, why should we do it for the primaries.

And as a final point I am glad to see Obama is going to be the democratic nomination.

Ahh, there's nothing like the "Monday morning quarterbacks". ;) - Rich

Ktulu, I will have to take issue with your statement about having done something about the primary date change. In Florida the date change was an added ammendment to a bill that was passed by the republican controlled legislature in November of 2007. The primary took place in January of 2008. I don't think my protesting on the legislature steps in Tallahassee would have accomplished anything, so what actually would you have suggested I do that would have made any difference in the political process other than express my displeasure?

Our elected representatives in those states moved the date of the primary fully knowing that the Democratic party would not seat their delegates then. If you are upset with someone get mad at your elected officials.

My feelings exactly. I am sorry that happened to the voters but...the officials KNOWINGLY broke the rules and then wanted to scream and cry foul afterwards. They had no one to blame but themselves. Their constituency ought to run them out on a rail. Why have rules at all if you don't adhere to them?

It's one thing to be a fighter, and it's quite another to know when the fight is OVER, which is called "sportsmanship", and Hillary clearly lacks this quality of grace and dignity.

EXACTLY. And I'd add she's arrogant as well as if she was somehow entitled because she's a Clinton and lived in the Whitehouse before. You could read the writing on the wall months ago but nooooooo...she had to keep going trying to pass it off as "only being fair" to the remaining primaries. Still had the same outcome. That's months of campaigning against McCain lost.

It's too bad our first female candidate for President wasn't one I could feel good about supporting. :-/ She's too much in the political machine for me.

Word to yo mamma, O - O - OBAMA! :)

One more contest to go - the real one!

"For once in my life I'm proud of my country" - preach it sista - i'm getting prouder every day!

I see CBS has taken down the ability of readers to post online due to the racist garbage people are putting up - that makes me far less proud.

Ktulu, I will have to take issue with your statement about having done something about the primary date change. In Florida the date change was an added ammendment to a bill that was passed by the republican controlled legislature in November of 2007. The primary took place in January of 2008. I don't think my protesting on the legislature steps in Tallahassee would have accomplished anything, so what actually would you have suggested I do that would have made any difference in the political process other than express my displeasure?

How many times did you contact your representatives? How many letters did you write to the governor? What did you do? The legislator could have held an emergency session to address the issue if people had demanded one. As far as I am aware Florida is run under some semblance of a republic based system, therefore the will of the people is the way things work. Doing something before it happened in stead of just complaining and moaning after you suffer the consequences.

A) Did contact my local representatives- got a nice form e-mail back thanking me for mine
B) Did not contact Gov Charlie- He's too busy posturing to be McCain's VP to ever be in Florida
C) The legislature refused to convene a special session to address the insurance industry problems we have been in since 2004 - they would hardly convene one for this
D) If the will of the people meant anything here - we would not have insurance problems, billion dollar budget cuts to education, rampant uncontrolled development, budget cuts to the environmental programs, etc - all things people care about but the legislature apparently does not. They have the power to table legislation which effectivly kills it, I can't make them vote on it. Yes, they can be voted out of office (but that's after the fact)

During their legislative session our representaives debated important items such as: should we have a confederate flag plate for cars, was the state song "Old Folks At Home" racist and did it need to be replaced, and what the official state marine mammal should be.

As for complaining and moaning - I fully accept that fact that government does not work the way it should (Florida election 2000), but I also know a political party that does not consider my vote as valuable as the other 48 states has lost it to the opposition.

* for all of you wondering about the state song - they kept it, and also added a state anthem "Florida- Where the Sawgrass Meets the Sky"

If you feel the system is broken or that people are not doing their jobs change it. If you representatives are not addressing the issues you feel they should have them removed. If heads start to roll things will get done. If you think the system itself is broken then get your representatives to make changes, or try to get changes put on a ballot that cant be affected by your legislator.

Also do you feel there should be no penalty for breaking the rules? Why don't we do away with other rules, lets let King George stay in office for life, its just another rule that we are breaking. The point is rules were broken and there need to be consequences to prevent chaos. I suffered the consequences just like you did. We need to pay the penalty to maintain the order of things.

The republican party only will only recognize half the delegates from states that moved their primaries too. So that leaves you with third party options, so what is it libertarian or the green party?

I like Obama much more than Billary, and all she's doing at this point is wasting money. However, I am really sick of "word to yo momma" and am not looking forward to hearing it through November. If he can't even have a slogan that uses proper English, I think that says a lot about him as a potential president. That, plus that whole "dirt off your shoulders" thing he did actually made me feel embarrassed for him, and I think those two things w/ some of the others he/his supporters have done (mostly hooping and hollering with little, if any, regard for anywhere near proper English) go a long way to show where the country will go if he gets elected - in the crapper. It makes him look horribly unfit for the position.

There could be NO ONE more unfit for office than George Bush. He has dragged the USA to its knees in the eyes of the world.

And talk about proper English?
----------------------------
And so the fact that they purchased the machine meant somebody had to make the machine. And when somebody makes a machine, it means there's jobs at the machine-making place." --George W. Bush, Mesa, Arizona, May 27, 2008

"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008

"So long as I'm the president, my measure of success is victory -- and success." --George W. Bush, on Iraq, Washington, D.C., April 17, 2008

"Thank you, your Holiness. Awesome speech." --George W. Bush, to Pope Benedict, Washington, D.C., April 15, 2008

"Soldiers, sailors, Marines, airmen, and Coastmen -- Coast Guardmen, thanks for coming, thanks for wearing the uniform." --George W. Bush, at the Pentagon, March 19, 2008

"Removing Saddam Hussein was the right decision early in my presidency, it is the right decision now, and it will be the right decision ever." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 12, 2008

"Wait a minute. What did you just say? You're predicting $4-a-gallon gas? ... That's interesting. I hadn't heard that." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Feb. 28, 2008

"I can press when there needs to be pressed; I can hold hands when there needs to be -- hold hands." --George W. Bush, on how he can contribute to the Middle East peace process, Washington, D.C., Jan. 4, 2008

"If you've got somebody in harm's way, you want the president being -- making advice, not -- be given advice by the military, and not making decisions based upon the latest Gallup poll or focus group." --George W. Bush, New Albany, Ind., Nov. 13, 2007

"I don't particularly like it when people put words in my mouth, either, by the way, unless I say it." --George W. Bush, Crawford, Texas, Nov. 10, 2007

"All I can tell you is when the governor calls, I answer his phone." --George W. Bush, San Diego, Calif., Oct. 25, 2007

"My job is a decision-making job, and as a result, I make a lot of decisions." --George W. Bush, The Decider, Lancaster, Pa., Oct. 3, 2007

"I got a lot of Ph.D.-types and smart people around me who come into the Oval Office and say, 'Mr. President, here's what's on my mind.' And I listen carefully to their advice. But having gathered the device, I decide, you know, I say, 'This is what we're going to do.'" --George W. Bush, Lancaster, Pa., Oct. 3, 2007

"You know, when you give a man more money in his pocket -- in this case, a woman more money in her pocket to expand a business, it -- they build new buildings. And when somebody builds a new building somebody has got to come and build the building. And when the building expanded it prevented additional opportunities for people to work." --George W. Bush, Lancaster, Pa., Oct. 3, 2007
----------------

How embarrassing for the USA. We've had a buffoon for a president. :blush: Nothing could be worse.

Does this mean I have to drop my avatar now? ;)

ROFL! No...just stamp "LOSER" across her forehead. :D

There could be NO ONE more unfit for office than George Bush
Agreed...sort of. I mean yeah I agree he's horrible, but I'm sure there could be worse. What about David Duke?

Does this mean I have to drop my avatar now? ;)

Not if you refuse to admit defeat, and refuse to be a party to Planet Reality! So, to continue PlantAKiss's motto: "So close your eyes, you can close your eyes, it's alright." - Rich

I emailed her last night telling her what I think she should do. I'm with her 'till the end and will continue to show my support until she officially drops out.

I like Obama and all, but somehow I think he may have trouble winning. I don't know...

At this point, Hillary is just a disgrace and an embarrassment to herself and the Democratic Party for refusing to face reality, and being a team player. She didn't even have the class or grace to acknowledge Obama's milestone historic achievement, while Obama spoke highly of her, and her achievents. There has been a new Pacific coral formation named in her honor, NoClass Atol! Obama will be better off to keep her as far away as possible. Imagine if she got this country into a terrible war, and it turned out to be wrong and a big mistake? Will she refuse to face those realities too? Hmm, that sounds like a familiar situation! - Rich

had to laugh at the election results for the state this morning...under presidential candidate "No Preferance" got 5% of the vote...........

I wonder if she really took that kids money... the one who sold his bike and games to give to her campaign.

How embarrassing for the USA. We've had a buffoon for a president. :blush: Nothing could be worse.

I was assisting a filmmaker from the UK to film a documentary on cp's. Somehow the conversation turned to our retarded leaded. before telling him how I felt about him I asked what he thought about George R. Bush, and what he said pretty much sums up the reality of the situation the US is currently in. He said that England and the rest of the world sees George R. Bush as an idiot.

That reflects on our country as a whole, we gave an low IQ madman control of not only our country but also our military. That makes us just as much an idiot as he is.

Back