What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barack Wins

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
I hope he takes Hillary as his running mate.

I like him, a lot. I'm just a little sad because I liked Hillary more.

hope Hilary runs too......that will make some dang entertaining TV right there from now till November.....Hilary played second string once already cant see her ego allowing her to do it again though i could be wrong.

i had to vote on the democratic ticket tonight....atleast they had a "No Preference" choice under president.....but i like my current governor cause he tells the feds to go pound sand on things that are none of their business such as the list of ppl who are using medical marijuana in the state.....and he happens to be democrat though he doesnt do thing along party lines....besides he is a farmer from the east side of the state......also i like my local representative in the state senate happens to be a democrat but i like how he actually votes on the issues.....plus the guy running against him for the democratic nomination is freaking insane.....

Her speech sounds as if she's not giving up.... even though she lost. She certainly put up a valiant fight.

I'm very solemn.

YEEEEAAAAHHHH! I was praying and praying he would win from way back. "Hilary", in the words of (?) JBorchidguy "is the devil". I could go on and on about her. I realize he isn't perfect, but he's pretty damn close.

i aslo wish that Hillary won i like both though

I hope Obama thanks Hillary for a competitive race and then shoos her away. Of the plausible choices for VP, I'd pick Bill Richardson.

what makes me wonder is even though Hilary has more or less admitted Obama has won she will still keep campaigning......makes me wonder what smoking gun on Obama she has hidden away that she is going to reveal soon.....

I think Hillary will get a call from Obama for the VP role because it is clearly obvious that Obama is weak with certain major blocks of voters. Who knows if he would have even won if Florida and Michigan were truly counted correctly. I just don't see anyone else in the Dems who'd be as strong as Hillary. I don't see Hillary turning down the VP spot either, and there's nothing to be ashamed with accepting the position. It would only be a step up for her.

I'm not a Democratic voter but if I were I would be infuriated with the way a Democratic candidate is chosen. They need to get rid of the super delegate garbage and allow the voters to pick who they want to represent the party. I also wonder how much of the media's bias towards Obama (which from my experience from following these things is unprecedented) has effected the way some Dems have voted.

what makes me wonder is even though Hilary has more or less admitted Obama has won she will still keep campaigning......makes me wonder what smoking gun on Obama she has hidden away that she is going to reveal soon.....

Nah, there's no smoking gun. She deserves the time to let the dust settle, think it all out and get a exiting speech ready.

Yea, well when the partys were being formed way back when, ozzy probably remembers ;)

They didn't think the average citizen could make the right choice. Though now some states, the delegates are required to ote for who wins the popular vote. But I think it should just be ALL popular vote. But if that happened then I Lincon wouldn't be on our penny's.

I felt solemn too Jlap, but that was when Mcain gets supported by Bush. Which Totaly ruined any chance of a Republican in office, only chance paul has is delegate votes which is highly unlikely, that or Mcain Dies. Hahha.

Ugh, here, here! The entire concept of delegates, super or otherwise, is archaic and needs to go. I fail to see how someone can win who had fewer people vote for them... like, duh. I think it's pretty stupid that the dems and repubs have two different systems in the first place.

And I don't know why there has been a bias towards Obama. They are practically clones of each other when it comes to the issues. I think it may be a sort of David Vs. Goliath sort of thing, and that's why the media was so fascinated. In the end, David surprisingly won this round.

I really can't believe Hillary didn't win. I would have bet my life she would have won months ago.

Nah, there's no smoking gun.

I agree there's no smoking gun, if there was then she would have used it when it could have helped her.

She deserves the time to let the dust settle, think it all out and get a exiting speech ready.

I think she has had plenty of time. It's not like this is really a surprise. She's already had months to prepare one.

It doesn't really matter what you think about Hillary, you have to admit that she's a fighter.

you have to admit its pretty funny that the Dem's have put together the same kinda system in deciding a candidate that they were complaining about and calling wrong during the last 2 presidential elections.............

I'm very pleased Obama won. I think Obama is more in touch with "the common man" whereas Bush has no clue. Not being born into privilege and having to work hard for he wanted, Obama will bring more humanity into the White House.

As for Hillary...I was APPALLED by her speech last night. She was still campaigning! It showed a total lack of acceptance that she lost the race and her unwillingness to let it go and get behind Obama. And there was Obama being SO gracious and praising her so much...more than what he was "required" to do out of politeness. What I've seen in Hillary Clinton over these long months is a trait I've also seen in George Bush. A total unwillingness to accept the truth even when its flying in your face and sticking in your teeth--doggedly sticking to the same plan no matter what the reality is. Clinton exhibits too much of this same trait and I think that's dangerous. HOW many times did she say "18 million people voted for me"?? Geez! I think SHE has demonstrated the "Dream Team" would be more of a nightmare. After that speech, I hope Obama wouldn't touch her with a ten-foot pole. She's not a team player...it's all about HER.

PROBAMA! GOBAMA! MO' 'BAMA!

YO MAMMA! lol :rookwoot:

Hey, I don't know what any of you are complaining about - at least "they" count you as a full person with a full vote in your states.

I hope he takes Hillary as his running mate.

I like him, a lot. I'm just a little sad because I liked Hillary more.

My sentiments exactly.... although I would have preferred Edwards over both of them.

Edwards doesn't seem to be as religious as Obama, but he's undecided on too many of the issues I care about. But I do like the way he talks.

What do you mean, Bu.... Oh wait, you live in Florida lol. Sorry. I sympathize. The people of Florida were punished for the party. Last time I checked, every vote was supposed to count.

I'm inclined to agree with PlantAKiss, Hillary is just a sore loser, and out of touch with reality. It's one thing to be a fighter, and it's quite another to know when the fight is OVER, which is called "sportsmanship", and Hillary clearly lacks this quality of grace and dignity.

As for her becoming the VP slot for Obama, that would be a BIG mistake, and a VERY BAD idea! Very naive! He would have to hire a food taster; and what if he died in office? (something that is historically long overdue!), the specter of suspicion and conspiracy will haunt her forever. She would be better off as a Cabinet member, or go back to the Senate, and run again next time around. Just my 2 cents worth. - Rich

Back