What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great moments in marketing

prohibition.jpg
[/IMG]

LMBO that's GREAT!

lol back in the day's when women were the tough guy from around the corner :p

I don't think they were missing much :) I think being drunk would be a prerequisite to kissing any of them, particularly Aunt Bee on the fart left :)

I love the facial expression the woman on the right (with her hand on her hip) has.

I look at each of those women and think Elmyra Gulch.

particularly Aunt Bee on the fart left :)<!-- / message -->

Good example of not reading over what you've typed. :-))

I agree with you Clint. You would have to be drunk off your butt to think about kissing any one of those ladies. LMAO

Oh BTW Clint. Don't go farting to the right or left. OK??

Whew! That's enough to make a cold sober grouch like me to tie one on! :-O - Rich

Screw this. I'm not farting right or left.

From now on, I fart independent.

You should just follow my example; once you fart Green you'll never never go back to anything else.

I think I woke up next to a few of those after drinking a lot of liquor. They are hypocrites.

Screw this. I'm not farting right or left.

Ah you beat me to it. I was going to ask if that was a liberal fart. lol

I think I woke up next to a few of those after drinking a lot of liquor.

Just goes to show you what positive things alcohol will do for you. :p

Just goes to show you what positive things alcohol will do for you. :p

Just think of all the people that wouldn't be with us today if it wasn't for alcohol, and think of the people that wouldn't have jobs if it wasn't for alcohol, child support workers, dna testers and people employed by home pregnancy test kit companies just to name a few.

I love the facial expression the woman on the right (with her hand on her hip) has.

I look at each of those women and think Elmyra Gulch.

Ya know... that's what came to mind as well... only I was thinking of it as the Wicked Witch of the West. Egads, they are homely! Forerunners to MADD?

IIRC, that photo is a spoof (read: fake) of the Women's Temperance Movement at the turn of the 19th century. The opposing side was attempting to mock and marginalize their anti-alcohol position.

Though, they were not far off; the Temperance Movement ladies tended not to be sweet young 'thangs anyway. ;) (kind of like the Suffragette Movement...)

Check out Carry A. Nation and her axe.........a "little old lady" that went in and busted up bars. Gotta admire her tenacity and convictions; although carried them out in the wrong manner.

Back