What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go Redwings!!!!!!! Woot Woot!

*Barracuda_45*

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama
:banana2: :banana2: WOOT WOOT!!!!!! Go Redwings!! They just won the cup.. Oh Yeah :banana2: :banana2: Oh Yeah :banana2: WOOT!!!:banana2: :banana2:

I'm with Mark on this one!!! I really wanted the Penguins to win...and that last play by the Penguins before the third period ended was crazy!!! The puck went right across the goal line!!! Meh the Wings have won too many cups...plus Crosby is awesome!

Go Ducks!

Zach

Mom was born in Detroit, dad lived in Philly for a while...so the only teams I can like (in the US) are the Flyers and the Red Wings. I like the Maple Leaves too, but that's Canada ;)

Personally, I'm from Houston, but we all know how ABSOLUTELY ATROCIOUS that team is. lol. Do they even exist anymore? (I'm more of a Bundesliga fan)

GO BRUINS! Phil Esposito, Bobby Orr and Gil Gilbert!!!

Oh. That was a long time ago wasn't it.... :eek:

I have to agree with Barracuda, GO WINGS!!!!!. It was definitely a good series but I don't think any team in the NHL could have dealt with the wings depth, no one else had 4 dangerous lines. I will give the penguins credit for being a very good team, especially Fleury in game 5. I think this is the way the finals should be though down to the wire no blow outs no ridiculous number of goals scored. You should have to earn Lord Stanley's cup. Also here is to dispelling the myth about not being able to win a cup with a large number of European players or a European captain.

I think this is the way the finals should be though down to the wire no blow outs no ridiculous number of goals scored. You should have to earn Lord Stanley's cup.

You are talking about last year final, aren't you?:D :D
GO Ducks!!!!!!!!!!!

You are talking about last year final, aren't you?:D :D
GO Ducks!!!!!!!!!!!

No I am talking about this year, when a real team one, not one of those crazy expansion teams where they dont even get real ice. You know a city where the people can actually understand the Canadian accent that so many players have.

Go Wings!!!

phissioncorps- oddly enough, the Toronto "team" (hard to call it that after this last DISMAL season) is in fact the only team in the NHL to proudly have a syntax error in their name, it's Maple Leafs (I dunno, but they WERE caled "the Toronto Arenas" before so I guess it's a step up)

Just HAD to "un-correct" you lol

EDIT- ktulu, WHAT crazy Canadian accent?? I don't think I have an accent, everyone ELSE on this planet does!!

and i thought the ice from my favorite fastfood was real!
i heard this crap before...why don't you come on down next winter and i'm going to show you real ice in SoCal. about the extension.....what can i say...you want to play yourself in the final all over again every year?!

Lol thanks. That's pretty funny :D

Gotta agree....Canadian accents are pretty hilarious. There's a clip by comedian Russell Peters about them if you look on youtube.

The Canadian accent I am talking about is the the one where the sentance "out and about in a boat" sounds like the same word is used 3 times. That and the over use of eh and you know. (I grew up in Michigan so I know pleanty of people with this accent).

As for so Cal I bet the ice there is pretty bad but unless you drop it you dont have to worry about slipping on it. All I have to say is how many times have the Ducks won the Cup? and whats with taking your team name from a Disney movie? Couldn't they come up with anything better?

It was owned by Disney, what you expect?!.....now is just Anaheim Ducks and the name is fine as it was befor. As for the ice thing...i don't know what you are trying to say...i play hockey as an amateur and belive me, there is nothing wrong with the ice...the onlly problem you will have is choose where to skate since there ar so many places you can go to.
I didn't say Detroit doese not have a very good team...you have to be blind not to see that. I was their fan in this final. Did they manage to sell al the tickets for the finals?
remember last year? NOT 1 SELLOUT GAME IN PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where are the fans??????

I was just giving you a hard time, I think its odd that places where the lakes and ponds and such don't freeze over have hockey teams. You have to play on indoor rinks and its just not the same as playing outside. In fact I think more teams should have outdoor games.

As for Detroit, I think they had mostly sellout at least in the finals, but I can see why people might not want to go, its in bad economic shape (approaching 12% unemployment) and the arena is in a pretty bad neighborhood they need a new arena where people dont get shot outside on a daily basis.

I lived in Michigan for several years when I was a kid and remember going to see the Red Wings on New Years Eve, when they always schedule a game. Hartford still had a team when I moved here, but the owner took the team to Carolina, where he could sell more luxury boxes, even though games were played in front of empty seats. That's just plain nuts and would be like NASCAR abandoning Rockingham for a race in California. What? NASCAR did that?!? Sports owners are the spider mites of the human world..

Back