What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3i dea's

DJ.Zany-NL-

Dead to Mosqueeto's ALL OF THEM!
well:

1: an idea forum ;)

2: rank's becouse they're cool :)

3: reputation point's :)

short and simple, now argue :jester:

1. Every forum is an "idea forum" not really sure where a special forum is needed for that.

2 & 3. These are basicly the same thing. There is no need for either here. Rep points generally are useless because people get their friends to add rep points for nothing, thus turning it into a "I have more friends than you so I have more rep than you" We are not here to compete with each other in this manner.
Ranks are a similar deal. Usually "ranks" are based on # of posts. This encourages people to post nonsense all over the forum in order to boost their ranks. The forum is run on a private server and there is no good reason to clutter up threads and waste forum space in this manner.

Steve

I don't thnik #2 and 3 are very good idea IMO...

Good point, Steve. You can tell a person's "reputation" by the quality of his or her responses. As for post counts, some of the most thoughtful and helpful information comes from members who do not post a lot, but have tons of experience. Putting names and titles associate with users is just adding a false layer of importance to something that isn't important. The forum is designed to provide thoughtful and thought provoking information. At any given time, Terraforums is the collective experience of hundreds of growers cumulating to this very moment, which cannot ever minimized to a simple title of an individual user.

xvart.

Back