What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cranberry Bog, Here I Come!!!!

I got home today to find a postcard in my mailbox that I was one of the people chosen in the Cranberry Bog lottery! If you aren't familiar with this place, see here:

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/Preserves/cranberry/tabid/932/Default.aspx

It is estimated that the bog has shrunk by 50% in 20 years and is not going to be around much longer.

I will borrow a digital camera if I can and will certainly have my bag full of 35mm stuff. I am trying to get them to allow me to gather some stuff from there to send to the NASC to keep these plants going since the bog is shrinking very rapidly. We'll see if that is ever able to happen-permits are required and then MAYBE it'll get approved. There are apparently a ton of S purp purps there that all descended from a single, introduced plant! I am not sure if that is confirmed however.

I had forgotten to send my card in until the day before it was due in. It is on June 21 and I will go on record now saying that Ohio can expect a monstrous hike in gas prices on June 19 or 20 (so I should fill up on the 18th?).

More reading and some pics:

http://icps.proboards105.com/index.cgi?board=northamerica&action=print&thread=1252

Why is it shrinking? Lucky though!

I'm very familiar with the place

I won the lottery a about 5 years ago. I had 4 tickets! I had an agreement with Nick Hubble, If I won, I'd give him two tix and the same if he won. So the plan was set and i was very excited about this trip.

Then I realized that my nieces wedding was the same day.

I went to the wedding instead.
I've never had the chance to go back. Nick did get me a tshirt though.

Take a lot of pics, this will be a great trip for you.

Lucky you! That's a rare deal. I hope you get pics and come back and post them.

That's very exciting!

I'm very familiar with the place

I won the lottery a about 5 years ago. I had 4 tickets! I had an agreement with Nick Hubble, If I won, I'd give him two tix and the same if he won. So the plan was set and i was very excited about this trip.

Then I realized that my nieces wedding was the same day.

I went to the wedding instead.
I've never had the chance to go back. Nick did get me a tshirt though.

Well here's your chance! I am trying to find a home for at least two of the passes.

Back