What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

True scary stories.

I've never seen anything directly, but after losing the most important person in my life suddenly and tragically, I did see many many odd things that were directly related to her at strange times in the following months. It could be said that there was an increased hypersensitivity for all things related to her, but some were just far too random for me to ignore.

I'll admit that it is hard to buy a lot of ghost stories, but the arrogance of declaring something as complete nonsense because you do not have a logical explanation for it is unfortunate. History has shown that "common sense" isn't always the way to go. The world turned out not to be flat, right?

I have no logical explanation for disco, yet that was all too real.

My new house has been a tad odd these last few months but I'll start with my old house.

Phission, if you do not accept different peoples' opinions and ideals you're gonna have some problems in life. If you don't believe in spirits, fine, but just don't bring all of it here for an argument.

I remember the first incident, probably could be explained, but, it was odd, as we are nowhere near a forest. In a small thicket of bushes I heard a huge rumble and all the branches started breaking and then I heard birds crying and then it stopped at the last bush and I jumped out of my chair silently and hid as I saw gleaming eyes look into my dark bedroom illuminated only by my computer. They were there for 10 minutes until they disappeared, and I didn't even hear any movement. I slowly hid, slid over, then slammed the window shut and closed the blind and turned the lights on.

I remember I was in the house again and I heard a scream, it was from Robot Chicken on TV, it scared me anyways. I turned the TV off and my sound was off on my computer. Then all of a sudden I heard heavy running through the house and everyone was asleep. Then my wall started having tapping noises in it. I of course did not tap back but it was odd.

I remember the TV would turn on and turn off randomly and go from quiet to blaring loud each time. My mom claimed it was a ghost. I remember being locked out of the house because my brother needed to come home and give me the spare key, and I saw the remote slide a little, and then turn on the TV and it was blaring. The TV got quiet and it started, to what I think it was, flipping channels. My brother drove up and he walked over and I pointed and he saw part of it too, the flipping channels, then he went "what the heck is that?!" and the remote slid over a tiny bit again and the TV turned off.

After that it became pretty typical to hear that stuff once or twice a month.

In my new house, as soon as we moved in I felt unwelcomed and it was dark. The first night I was afraid, of spirits and the like. We never had anything for awhile.

A month ago my brothers friend, Justin, was sitting on the couch eating a hamburger and he said he felt a hand go up his back. I sat in the same spot and it was very cold, unusually cold for someone who had just sat there. I didn't "feel" anything though. And that very same day my mom claimed to have seen a bright eyed face in the little opening in the staircase [there is a carving in the staircase which gives you a view of downstairs]. When I go downstairs now at night for a snack, I feel watched, and it's quiet except the sound of the crickets. Yet, I see movement in the corner of my eye, and at night we hear creaking in the attic, my step dad says its just rats, but, we don't really have any. I remember my step dad went into the attic to put things in storage and the light bulb was on. He turned it off after my mom claimed it was wasting electricity. He closed up the attic for about two hours then decided to put another load in and when he went back up it was on again. Mom kept telling him to turn it off but it kept turning on again after a short amount of time.

Even today I see things in the corner of my eye like the shadows under my door that makes me look, or tingling in my legs and feelings of movement, and when I feel it, I look over at my cat, who is on the other side of the room, fast asleep in a pair of my shorts or something. My cat frequently will wake up in the middle of the night and look behind him, flickering his tail, and keeps looking behind him as he runs from something. And it's not an insect or anything, considering I usually close my room up at night. It usually happens between 3 and 4 AM.

Now, when I am typing something my mouse will make noises as if it's clicking and I put it over the X button in the corner and as I was typing it clicked and the browser X'ed out. It pissed me off, and I jokingly, but, now sort of believe I believed in it, I said "stop it, dammit!".

Now I've learned to accept this stuff, and the funny thing is it always stops when I yell or say stop it, it works.

I was about to say the same thing NeciFiX. There is no reason to push your closed-minded point of view on anyone here. This is not a thread to argue our ideals. If you are one with little humility or faith who does not believe until they see... then that is your own way of thought, and everyone is entitled to their own.

These are some really good stories. Ive heard a few stories from my grandfather that were pretty similar to nightskys. He would hunt in the Los Padres mountains in CA alone for days at a time.

When I was fifteen years old, my mother was hospitalized for a few days. During the last day of her stay, my brother, sister, and I were staying with our grandparents. Everyone was agruing for some reason and my sister began to lose it and argue uncontrollable until everyone went to their own way. I walked with her to the kitchen having a talk with her about how she should talk with her grandparents and she started cussing at me ... Just as she did, there was a hard knock on the back door. We had 2 guard dogs back there that would bark at anything in their territory. I asked who was there and the dogs begain to bark loudly. The knocking got louder and harder and then began at the 2 kitchen windows. I quickly got out of the kitchen and ran to tell our grandparents. We meat them and my brother halfway down the hall and everyone was wide eyed having experienced the same things simultaneously around the house. The strange thing about the story is that when my mother came home the next day she told us how there was loud banging on her hospital window the night before. The hospital window was 5 stories up. She was in shock when we told her the same story after she told us hers.

Here's a non-supernatural story...

When I was younger, middle school aged I believe, I lived in Florida. I lived in a suburb that was adjacent to a swampy section of cypress forest. Our house was unique from the other houses in that it was pushed back about 30 yards into this forest. We didn't have "lawns", we had squishy, wet, forest.

Now, one of my favorite (/sarcasm) things about living with the forest was that certain creatures would come into our home. Most notably, wolf spiders. For those of you who don't know the terror of wolf spiders, they are flat, hairy spiders with a legspan pushing 4 inches. All spiders make silk, however, not all spiders make webs. In my opinion, the most terrifying spiders are the one who don't make webs, because that means they're always on the move. Wolf spiders, are such a species. They had a wonderful habit of hiding around in my room without my knowledge. I recall one such time when in my bathroom, I reached to grab the cup at my sink, only to disturb the rest of one of a behemoth spider on the wall behind the cup. It was a thoroughly terrifying experience.

One night I was sleeping in my room, as I did many a night, in my bed. For some unexplainable reason, I woke up staring straight at my ceiling. Now, it was dark, but the porch light from outside cast enough light in so I could see a dark shape on my ceiling. I knew what it was immediately. In a split second, I rolled off my bed and turned on the light. The spider fell directly onto my pillow. Needless to say, this was rather horrifying. I pushed on my bed enough so that the beastie finally scurried away underneath. This was the defining moment in my progress to arachnophobia.

how can u be afraid of spiders there the good bugs

They bite, painfully. Don't wolf spiders have some kind of poison that hurts really bad or something?

History has shown that "common sense" isn't always the way to go. The world turned out not to be flat, right?
Common sense has alway dictated that the world is not flat. You can witness a ship disappearing over the horizon.

but just don't bring all of it here for an argument.
I'm not bringing it in for an argument, but it's always good to have at least one voice of reason among such superstitious mumbo-jumbo.

here is no reason to push your closed-minded point of view on anyone here. This is not a thread to argue our ideals. If you are one with little humility or faith who does not believe until they see
Oh now I'm "closed minded" huh? I love how that's everyone's default response when you tell them they are being absolutely ridiculous. It's not like I've never looked into any of this stuff, or never tried to find proof for any of it. I used to be big into all this nonsense but after reading everything I could get my hands on and still not being able to locate a sliver of anything close to proof, I made up my mind it was all bull. Again, "I've seen/heard X" is not proof of anything.
And btw, faith, by definition, not only insinuates, but requires lack of proof. And I'm the "closed"-minded one :jester:
I think that quality would only be fitting of one who refuses to see that there is zero proof, and refutes the fact that multiple respected scientists have stated it could never happen. But hey, that might just be the logic and rational thought talking ;)
http://www.xzone-radio.com/ghostsarentreal.htm

So, these stories are true in the sense that they are scary, but most certainly not true in the sense that something "supernatural" was the cause. Some of the people posting in this thread are what, like 12? I used to at least entertain the possibility of all sorts of nonsense like that back in the day. When you're young, you tend to have a ton of imagination, and easily get scared.

Common sense has alway dictated that the world is not flat. You can witness a ship disappearing over the horizon.

I'm not bringing it in for an argument, but it's always good to have at least one voice of reason among such superstitious mumbo-jumbo.

Oh now I'm "closed minded" huh? I love how that's everyone's default response when you tell them they are being absolutely ridiculous. It's not like I've never looked into any of this stuff, or never tried to find proof for any of it. I used to be big into all this nonsense but after reading everything I could get my hands on and still not being able to locate a sliver of anything close to proof, I made up my mind it was all bull. Again, "I've seen/heard X" is not proof of anything.
And btw, faith, by definition, not only insinuates, but requires lack of proof. And I'm the "closed"-minded one :jester:
I think that quality would only be fitting of one who refuses to see that there is zero proof, and refutes the fact that multiple respected scientists have stated it could never happen. But hey, that might just be the logic and rational thought talking ;)
http://www.xzone-radio.com/ghostsarentreal.htm

So, these stories are true in the sense that they are scary, but most certainly not true in the sense that something "supernatural" was the cause. Some of the people posting in this thread are what, like 12? I used to at least entertain the possibility of all sorts of nonsense like that back in the day. When you're young, you tend to have a ton of imagination, and easily get scared.

PK, I understand that you don't believe in Supernatural things, but I think it's best that you should stop talking about of how you feel about it. As you can see, some people have gone against what you've said. Let's just try to keep this thread as peaceful as we can and keep telling stories of what we believe were Supernatural activity, or just scary stories :D. No offense intended, so sorry if I sound a little mean.

'tweren't common sense a few centuries back. I'm not saying that it isn't ridiculous, but at the time they believed what they believed.

Oh now I'm "closed minded" huh? I love how that's everyone's default response when you tell them they are being absolutely ridiculous.

You are "closed minded" only when your opinion is that others are wrong when they have a differing opinion. You do not phrase opinions as opinions and perhaps that is what comes across as being so closed minded.

Dropping lines such as "superstitious mumbo-jumbo" is trying to demean others that do not share your opinion. I'm guessing that by this time, most of us just roll our eyes at these displays, but there may be some that are genuinely upset by the insulting of their beliefs. You probably don't care about that, but there really was no reason to lash out on a harmless thread at people sharing harmless stories.

It's not like I've never looked into any of this stuff, or never tried to find proof for any of it. I used to be big into all this nonsense but after reading everything I could get my hands on and still not being able to locate a sliver of anything close to proof, I made up my mind it was all bull.

Great, but maybe you shouldn't make up EVERYone's mind on the subject. I think that is all that people are basically saying here.

I have 3, one that I will NEVER forget.

1: okay, this was the first time I was home alone. I was watching tv with my dog Rocky. Suddenly I felt a chill and felt like I was being watched. Then I hear some scratching and tapping outside. Then what really creeped me out (now more then ever, just keep reading) was a faint little giggle sounding thing. My dog Rocky looked in the same direction like he heard it to.

2: So now, my brothers Matt and Mike were home with me and my dog Rocky. Suddenly Rocky starts to wimper and we think he needs to go out, when we bring him to the door his tail was tucked between his legs. He went out and went and quickly came in and spelt next to us shaking though we never heard anything. (he was a BIG german shepard)

3: This was the WORST. Okay so me, my brothers, my cousin rob, and their friends were all out playing man hunt. So a round just ended and we were about to start when everyone gets a chill and we hear a LOUD giggle come from inbetween 2 houses from across the street witch was really shady and dark. We all look over and see a long white cloak with a hood, out of the hood was white long hair and was the size of a 6 year old girl that suddenly ran of (still giggling now really creeply) and we chased her, with the giggling fading, then it stopped, we were all freak out and everyone went home, now I swear I hear that giggling when I am outside at night alone.

This thread was posted to tell stories that are scary, not to argue if ghosts are real.

So let get back to telling the stories. Any more posts about if they are real or not will be deleted.

You are free to make a new topic to discuss if ghosts are real.

Yes, I agree with Ozzy. Please stop arguing.

Back