What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An empty space on Sunday Morning

Some of you may know that Tim Russert from Meet the Press has died today, Friday the 13th, June 2008 while doing post work on this weeks show.
Unlike todays "newsmen" Tim never yelled at his guests calling them stupid or telling them he'd shut off their mic for saying something he didn't agree with. He simply stated the facts and let the politicians try to dance around them and let the viewer decide who's full of BS.

He will be missed! :-(

He was well respected, which is very rare in todays media. Probably the one guy you can trust to give you the facts and not bias.

I don't think he can be replaced.

Yeah, we lost a keen and sharp mind, and a true gentleman and scholar, a fine father and family man too; having written a book about Fathers' words of wisdom, regarding his relationship with his own dad; a very sad day indeed. He has raised the bar of journalistic excellence. Tim Russert will be missed indeed. - Rich

Yes, I was shocked to hear of his death. He was a pretty straight forward guy. Definitely a family man and respected jounalist. My heart goes out to his family. Such a sudden thing.

Back