What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Track Days, Its Not Just Another GT "Red Hot Cherry"

didn't your parents sell that car PK?

Oh, well the EDIS-6 is just part of your ignition system I can see it sitting there on you valve cover and has nothing to do with BMW/porsches. Its the part your spark plug wires plug into (not the spark plug itself but the coil packs).

Just was wondering if you knew the part number or something. using the edis-6 isn't specific to bmw/porsche its just a type of ignition and since I no longer use the factory ECU/DME I can pretty much use anything I want, and I like how neatly your EDIS-6 looks instead of using individuals, all the coil packs are nicely situated on one board...

Oh, well the EDIS-6 is just part of your ignition system I can see it sitting there on you valve cover and has nothing to do with BMW/porsches. Its the part your spark plug wires plug into (not the spark plug itself but the coil packs).

Just was wondering if you knew the part number or something. using the edis-6 isn't specific to bmw/porsche its just a type of ignition and since I no longer use the factory ECU/DME I can pretty much use anything I want, and I like how neatly your EDIS-6 looks instead of using individuals, all the coil packs are nicely situated on one board...

So you are referring to the ICM with the coil packs sitting on top of it. I can get you a part number if you are interested. I know that they have a bracket that it sits on that attaches to the side of the head.

Here's a couple more pics and specs from a diff thread: (don't laugh at my dirty engine lol)
I just remembered that someone asked me over a month ago to post pics of my old Nova. I can't remember who it was, so here ya go:

1968 Chevy Nova SS (clone):

USPics052.jpg

1969 LT1 (from a Corvette)
USPics053.jpg

USPics054.jpg

That was before I got the $2,000 suspension lol. I can't find a pic with that in unfortunately.
350 LT1 from a 69 vette
750 cfm Edelbrock carb (I think it was 750, can't remember for sure)
dual plane intake manifold
aluminum heads
diff cam...not sure what though since it was there when I bought it
full electronic ignition
Moroso 7qt pan w/ trapdoor
double roller timing chain
diff headers...can't remember what though
24" glass packs (dual exhaust of course)
Chris Alston Chassisworks ladder bars w/ coilovers kit
SS trim
totally stripped except the 3 seats and the dashboard. Didn't have A/C, power steering, or any of that other nonsense. The thing pulled tires if you floored it from a stop. Only about 1", but it was cool anyway. I had about 8k in that car and my parents sold it from under my nose when I was in Germany for about half of that.
didn't your parents sell that car PK?
Yep. Notice the pic is from 2004 lol.

Before my Nova, I used to drive a MINT 68 4-door Impala. It was seafoam exterior and interior. AM radio only lol. I loved those big lumbering beasts. I got about 8mpg in both of them. I can't imagine a $64 fill up 2 or 3x a week.

Back