What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vacation

I figured I'd start a vacation thread, since I'm actually taking a vacation this year. What are other people doing? We're going to FL in a little more than a week - riding the train from CT and then renting a car to head down to Sanibel Island, then up to Venice, and finally St. Petersburg. We'll spend two nights at each and see the Red Sox play the Rays the final night, before catching the train back home. There won't be any CP excursions, but there'll be plenty of beach.

My dad lives in St. Pete. Not too much around there to do.... Beaches are nice. Also around John's Pass are some nice restaurants and touristy places. Have fun though.

I never get real vacations. I always stay home. But I don't mind. Not that I wouldn't mind going somewhere nice if I could. :)

We are planning to take another vacation to western NC hopefully next month. This past March we went to Boone NC and the surrounding area. This time, if we can make it, we are going to head to Cherokee NC and the surrounding area. The trip to Boone was our first vacation in something like 7 years lol.

Enjoy your vacation to FL Bruce.

Crystal

Yes it is, so much nicer than where I am!

My wife and I are headed back to California this October. We went to Sonoma a year ago May (as some of you may remember) and are going to check out Napa this time around. We're looking forward to it! We also have a plan to go down to Mexico in November for Thanksgiving.

I never get real vacations. I always stay home. But I don't mind. Not that I wouldn't mind going somewhere nice if I could. :)

I know what you're talking about, PAK. Sometimes I feel like I need a vacation from vacationing...

xvart.

I've got most of July off, and since all I do is travel all over the place for work, I'm going to stick close to home. Specifically, I'm going to do lots and lots of hiking and backpacking.

I'm leaving Friday for a long weekend in Dallas for a concert, some shopping, and lots of Asian food. :)

Uhhh.....?
When I think of DFW, "Asian" is not the first thing that comes to mind :jester:

LOL Then you don't know where to look. :)

DFW actually has a pretty large "Chinatown" out towards Richardson. I've been to Dallas countless times and knew nothing about it until I made a friend who immigrated from Malaysia and took me out there. He told me that he recently found out about another area that has more of a Korean focus.

There's a FANTASTIC dim sum restaurant out in the area called Maxim. It's a must-go. There's a great Asian bakery in the same area that has killer red bean buns...

Find out specifically where these place are and let me know. Sounds delicious.
I don't really know too much about the area. I've only been there a couple times, but it's going to be home for 4+ years.

I JUST got back from Italy! Me and my family of 22 (extended lol) had a great time. We stayed in Rome for three days and then we shared a villa in the small town of Arezzo. It was a trip of a life time. I'll have to make a thread about it...

Just a reminder for those of you going on vacation...don't forget your friends at home...we are still here waiting for your text...even though we texted you over 47 times...you have yet to reply...we are bored and lonely......

please at least text us back.....

cant you tell someone hasnt texted me back yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... urgle turgles iga naga.......

Going to MN myself in between semesters. Going for 10 days. I can't wait!! Plane tickets are already purchased and going to see Jeff Dunham while I am there! YIPPIE!!

I am going to the Oshkosh EAA Airventure in July and to South Florida (Miami area) to my family's condo in August.

Back