What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you name your plants?

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
Does anyone give names to their plants to make them seem more like pets? I'm thinking of what to name my N. Ventricosa.

I don't.

There was a member here from quite a while ago that used to name her VFTs. Her username was Carito.

Personally, I don't.

Not really, but I did name my conjoined Cephs Timmy and Jimmy.

I forget the movie this is from:

(Stranger rides into town)
Town person: "That's a mighty fine horse you have there, what's his name?"
Stranger: "You don't name something you might have to eat."

On this cartoon the person named his cactus Jim. I might name one of my plants.

Lol I usually name none of my pets or plants. I only named my 2 dogs: Rocky and Fatboy

Hey theres nothing wrong with giving your plants names or anything else that ya wana give a name to. I name my plants from time to time, i talk to them and care for them as if there my babies. I supose that makes me wierd?? :crazy: :crazy:

I call my plants all sorts of names when they die/look bad ;D

I talk to my plants sometimes. But naming, that's just crazy talk :p

I talk to my plants sometimes. But naming, that's just crazy talk

:waits patiently for BCK or another member to poke me for the fact that I talk to my plants: :-))

No, and I've never talked to them.

I named a VFT after my daughter. It seemed fitting.

J.T.: Just remember.... should anyone thnk you're crazy for talking to your plant (or yourself) you can always claim that you are doing, "oral organizational thinking".

Back