What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What type of herbicide?

I am having bloody finger issues from ripping out invasive species.
What I am looking for is a herbicide that will only effect the plant that it is applied to (I'll be using the glove method) but the problem is I don't know much about herbicides and dont want to risk taking a native out because of leaching.
Any help?

Monsanto is proof that evil owns a corporation and Roundup (main ingredient glyphosate) is classed as "dangerous for the environment" and "toxic for aquatic organisms" by the European Union.
On two occasions the American EPA has caught scientists deliberately falsifying test results at research laboratories hired by Monsanto to study glyphosate. In the first incident involving Industrial Biotest Laboratories, an EPA reviewer stated after finding "routine falsification of data" that it was "hard to believe the scientific integrity of the studies when they said they took specimens of the uterus from male rabbits". In the second incident of falsifying test results in 1991, the owner of the lab (Craven Labs), and three employees were indicted on 20 felony counts, the owner was sentenced to 5 years in prison and fined 50,000 dollars, the lab was fined 15.5 million dollars and ordered to pay 3.7 million in restitution
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aquatic effects

Fish and aquatic invertebrates are more sensitive to Roundup than terrestrial organisms. Glyphosate is generally less persistent in water than in soil, with 12 to 60 day persistence observed in Canadian pond water, yet persistence of over a year have been observed in the sediments of ponds in Michigan and Oregon.
The EU classifies Roundup as R51/53 Toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long-term adverse effects in the aquatic environment.

Roundup is not registered for aquatic uses and studies of its effects on amphibians indicate it is toxic to them.

I think I would rather keep spilling my own blood.

Back