What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling all Western Washington and Northwestern Oregon CPers

Since there are no carnivorous plant societies to be found around here.
Maybe we can throw some stuff up and form one for the people around here?
the nearest one here is in Victoria BC and im sure people dont want to take the long drive/ferry ride to Canada.
Drop a post here or shoot me a PM if your interested. MAYBE we can get something started for the CPers of our area.

Yeah I will set it up at my place maybe we can do cook lean meats on a grill or for you we could grill vegetables. We could start a seedbank with my fridge which is kept rather clean and free of cultures. My mom would not accidentally toss out the seed or anything I can guarantee that. I have a large driveway that is often unused and it's free of oil stains we could hold meetings once a year. People could trade/ sell plants and we could charge 5.00 vendor fee and we provide tables. We could have plant auctions and raffles.

ive also got a really nice house we could use as a meeting place.
maybe change the location to another members house each year, given that he/she is willing to do that.
i would really like to get to know more fellow CPers from my area and expand my growlist.

I'm not old enough to drive don't even have my permit so if it's at my house.... :-))
Maybe rent a place/building.

well its a once a year thing, and we would try to keep it in a reasonable distance between the peoples houses obviously.

any idea how we are going to start this up though? lol
other than a few people here on the forums. maybe see if we can get someone in the ICPS to spread the word. idk

bump much?
we need to get some CPers from this area :)

Back