What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Sarracenia Spore Creature

DrWurm

Californian in DC
Those of you with any knowledge of the gaming community might know of an innovative game called Spore. In a nutshell, this game allows you to take a single celled life-form, evolve it to a complex life-form, and eventually advance your creature to a galactic civilization. The full version of the game comes out in September, but they released the Creature Creator early for people to play around with.

I figured it was about time someone made a proper Sarracenia creature. Here it is: the "Mobile Pitcher Plant"

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-DrWurm:sast-500003298094

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wFtZnmsr-E

Even though I think that game looks pointless, Bravo!

The best games are pointless games where you can do whatever you want or nothing at all. I hope Spore is as good as Black and White.

Is the editor user friendly?

i cant wait
!

photosynthesizing sentient beings here i come!

Lol, Spore seems like an awesome game.

I downloaded and installed it, hit finish, and nothing came up. No new icon, nothing in my programs, nothing when i search keywords like "spore" or "creature", nothing. I can uninstall it via the control panel, and so I did and reinstalled it and the same thing happened. It's no where to be found.

weird... you could probably figure it out by thumbing through EA tech support

Unless they get rid of their ridiculous DRM, I sure wont be purchasing Spore.

When DRM makes life difficult only for the paying customer, something's up. EA ALWAYS does this to me.

Awesome job on the creature, though!

Haha. I did have my fair share of trouble after direct-downloading it. I'd install it, but it would crash before getting to the menu. Amazingly, the fix was to uninstall the EA download manager......

I never installed it.

That looks like a really cool game! I tried downloading it a week or two ago, but whenever I try to open it, it just says "Could not create the Graphics Device. Direct X is unavailable [1002]" I can't get it to work.

Maybe you don't satisfy the system requirements? Or maybe you just need to update your direct x

You probably need a good video card.

-Ben

Back