What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some animal pics

This past weekend we had Critterfest come to the Science Spectrum. Unfortunately we don't have a zoo. Anyway I tried to take some pics but most came out crappy because 1) I had to be far away since there were 48008350385085 demon seed there (aka kids), 2) animals don't like to sit still.

Ozzy, you can ID these because I wasn't paying attention to what they were :D

DSCN0315.jpg

boa?

DSCN0317.jpg

some kind of monitor?

DSCN0319.jpg

tortoise

DSCN0322.jpg

some kind of snake that had "black" in the name. Ironic :poke:

DSCN0325.jpg

I think this is a croc

DSCN0326.jpg

DSCN0327.jpg

DSCN0328.jpg

DSCN0330.jpg

some sort of skink

DSCN0334.jpg

RAWR!

DSCN0335.jpg

DSCN0336.jpg

Crunchin on a fruit

DSCN0337.jpg

DSCN0338.jpg

Some other kind of monkey chomping on a fruit

DSCN0339.jpg

prairie dogs

DSCN0343.jpg

DSCN0347.jpg

DSCN0345.jpg

My humps, my humps my humps my humps

DSCN0348.jpg

DSCN0349.jpg

And a pic of my dog because she was taking a break from being a wild hurricane of destruction to actually look sweet for once
DSCN0311.jpg

Unfortunately I missed the tigers because my :censor:girlfriend didn't want to wait 10 minutes for the show to start and made us leave.

I like the prairie dogs. Cool dog too.

That's cool. I think those are alligators. Crocs have broader mouths, but I'm not 100% sure.

snakes in the top are a normal and albino burmese python and a boa constrictor.....the monitor looks to be a savanna but im no expert.....the tortoise looks like a african spur thighed.......the snake in the blurry pic.....well first thing that actually crosses my mind is it resembles a black mamba but thats kinda odd, even if it was a venomoid, maybe a black racer?.....the lizard below the gators is a collard lizard, the skink is a blue tongued skink......

Great photos! That would have been a fun time. Who's the dude in the orange shirt with you in those two pictures?! :-)) Just kidding.

My humps, my humps my humps my humps

Your lovely lady humps?

xvart.

in the back and in the front?

Yup it was a savannah monitor. The guy was feeding it mice which was pretty awesome. And yes, the tortoise did have spurs...I remember him talking about that.

There was another camel that didn't have such lovely lady lumps, because one of them was limp. I didn't take a pic because it was ugly :blush:

The white snake is likely a leucistic black rat or leucistic black racer. Sort of like an albino but not really. And they have blue eyes.

I think the crocadilia being held is an actual croc as it has a narrow jaw and I believe I can see both upper and lower teeth. Easiest ID for croc vs. alligator is that, in alligators the top jaw is larger than the bottom and as such all you see it the teeth from the top jaw.

Back