What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OMG better than christmas and my birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very excited and impatient I will be going to visit a carnivorous plant nursery during their first open house ever! I might pick up something maybe a specimen to large to ship if I can convince my mother to buy it. Otherwise I might just come home with some live sphagnum. I am going to take tons of pictures rain or shine I will bring all my digital camera cards as well as empty them before I leave and make sure the battery to the camera is fully charged. I won't name names but I would like to post pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'd love to hear how that goes!

Thanks, and I hope you have fun!!!

Lucky! I really want to go but I guess your pics are the next best thing. Take all you can and post them all.

Why would a nursery keep a limit to the number of potential customers? Seems rather silly to me.

im with swords! sounds like fun though!

Why would a nursery keep a limit to the number of potential customers? Seems rather silly to me.

They have an agreement with their landlord to limit visitors on the premises.

I know of this as well and am rather jealous of you! Sadly, I can't drive 2/3 of the way across the country. Can you be sure to get a pic of the nepenthes greenhouse set up? I'm always dumbfounded by the incredible condition of their neps.

You'll have a great time.

Can you be sure to get a pic of the nepenthes greenhouse set up?

You'll have a great time.
Yes YES YES!!!! that's the first place I plan to go is the nepenthes area.

I'm frustrated,I've waited for a long time yet I can't go and the chances are lowered due to my new sister. DM have fun for me :D

I'm frustrated,I've waited for a long time yet I can't go and the chances are lowered due to my new sister. DM have fun for me :D

Bring her along! She's going to have to be introduced to them sooner or later in your house...why not get started early!

Wow sounds like a great time. You should definitely take TONS of pictures and then take TONS more!!! I'm sooo jealous you need to put all of the pics on this thread as soon as you get back :)

Oh come ON now. Wasn't deleting my post just a bit of an overreaction??

It's not that so much as limiting the number of people that might get them kicked off their plot or mess things up. The greenhouse itself is not a retail outlet - they sell at local venues and make a killing online. I've seen it myself; they have no shortage of customers.
I was totally determined to be the first one there when they started discussing the possibility of an open house, but right now I'm so broke that I don't think I can justify the trip. Even if I had the cash to get there, I would have to visit with no funds for new plants... unacceptable. :D
~Joe

Oh come ON now. Wasn't deleting my post just a bit of an overreaction??

No, it wasn't. Being "subtle" (which you were not) is still skirting the line and that it is not cool. My deleting your post was a clear message that it was not ok. This whole thread is already running a super fine line... Rule 3 states "Since we do not allow the positive advertising or discussing of "other" CP vendors, bad reviews also are not allowed." (Note the discussing part). So the fact that this topic is still here shows we're being lenient. Please don't try to be "subtle" or give clues... Just be happy that this topic, and pictures of their plants, are (as of now) being allowed.

Andrew

Well, Andrew, I'm hoping I'm not stepping on your toes, but in my opinion, there has been way too much of these not so subtle, beating around the bush, "shenanigans" in the past week. I'm personally tired of editing all the casual, not so clever references out. Any post I see with any sort of reference like this, messages saying "pm me to find out where I got this," etc. will be deleted in it's entirety, even if the cure for cancer is also in that message. Catch my drift? We let a lot of stuff fly around here because of the continuity of the community, but enough is enough. If you have any questions regarding this or any other post, please pm me.

For the record, if you see that I have edited your post or don't see your post at all, consider yourself warned.

xvart.

Deleted. -xvart.

Don't you wonder why the same exact comment was deleted from your other posts? Regardless of what your intentions were, it's inconsiderate and disrespectful, not to mention a violation of the rules. And, I made it quite clear that you have the opportunity to ask me in private about my previous posts and edits; but, since you disregarded that, this topic is closed.

If you have any questions regarding this or any other post, please pm me.

This still holds true.

xvart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back