What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures from the office - lots of 'em

nightsky

Lover of Mountains
I brought my camera along for my trip early last week. That trip proved to yield quite a few good shots due to the many storms that were passing through the southern U.S. Normally I don't get anything too great, but I liked these too much to keep to myself! Despite all the regrets I have about the job - the view is definitely one thing I love. The photos are completely untouched, except for resizing and text. Enjoy!

This is somewhere in south-central Colorado:
View15.jpg

This is somewhere over western Colorado:
View14.jpg

Flying along in ice crystals, we sometimes this:
View1.jpg

A halo from up close and personal:
View10.jpg

A rainshower far below:
View7.jpg

Don't want to get to close to that one:
View01.jpg

Lots of turbulence awaits over there:
View6.jpg

This next set is my favorite. The sun was getting low as we entered an area of closely spaced storms on the arrival - providing for some great lighting:
View5.jpg

View21.jpg

View31.jpg

View4.jpg

And these two are of the sun rising over the Mexico City area (we had already been airborne for over an hour by this point - we start early!). Sunrises and sunsets are my favorite times to fly - you can see why:
View12.jpg

View13.jpg

Wow. I wish the view from my office was that beautiful! Those would make some nice framed pictures! Storms do certainly have great looking cloud structures.

xvart.

STUNNING. Much much MUCH better to be working that close to heaven than working under a florescent hell! LOL... WOW... That is just awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Um, a rainbow halo around the sun is a sign of impending doom! LOL!

where do you work at? nasa? taking that kind of picture up there..

Dang, your cubicle has a much better view than mine. Very cool pics, Thanks !

Those are amazing! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing! :bigthumpup:

Whoa, that last one before the pic of the sunrise reminds me of Heaven. Awesome pics!

Your office is so unconventional.

Thanks guys. I knew you'd like them! Someday I'll post some pictures from my hiking and backpacking adventures. I have tons of beautiful photos from those!

I just had to dig this up and bump it. I briefly saw it the other day when I was in a rush somewhere and I had to check them out again. Absolutely stunning nightsky. Thank you so much for sharing these.

Back