What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Makes People So Messed Up??

Seriously...how can some people be totally lacking in the "common sense" department?

LEESBURG, Ga. (AP) - A south Georgia teenager is charged with child cruelty after an online video showed a young man launching a baby several feet across a room.

The video posted on YouTube shows the teenage boy putting a baby on one side of a large, inflatable pillow on the floor.

The boy then jumps on the pillow and the baby flies several feet across the room before landing on the floor and crying. Sheriffs say the teen's parents were supposed to be babysitting the child.

The 16-year-old Lee County boy was arrested Tuesday after a school teacher saw the video and called the sheriff's office. The boy's name was not released because of his age.

He's been charged with cruelty to children.

The video has since been removed from YouTube.

First, there's the moron that actually did the act. If he didn't set up a camera, then that would mean the introduction of moron #2 that thought that this would be funny. Second...somebody thought that this was funny enough to post on YouTube??

Youth is no excuse for stupidity.

Why in the world would anyone think that launching a baby across the room would be funny? The baby's skull could've been fractured due to the fact that it's not fully developed. Shame on them!

That's disgusting! They should do the same to him and make sure he flies much further...like into a wall or something.

Shortly after posting this, I heard a story on the radio about a 14 year old in Massachusetts that shoved a 71 year old man off of a dock while he was fishing with his grandfather. He told police that he thought it would be funny. Once arrested, he was given one phone call and phoned a friend to tell him what he did and to laugh about it.

Luckily the grandfather is ok. A little scraped up but nothing worse.

The world is getting sicker and sicker with each passing day.

Ugh, people like that disgust me...

Part of it is cultural, I should think -- or a lack thereof . . .

Back in the eighties, I lived in Baja California Sur for a time and had more than my fill of Mexican television. In the US at the time, there was some stupid video show, showing pratfalls, silly pet tricks, and the like. In Mexico, they took it a few steps further. One particular image which set the live crowd applauding and laughing, came when an elderly woman with a walker (tennis balls on the froont, the whole nine yards) approached a steep set of two flights of cement stairs. The woman either stepped off or slipped and fell down both flights -- and some pendejo was there to film it. Others showed kids -- toddlers really -- falling head-first into water buckets with their laughing parents pulling them out by the feet (again, someone there with a camera) -- that and that particular Central American amusement with dog-fighting when a surprised onlooker was attacked by one of the contenders (I must admit that I enjoyed that last one).

That behaviour had always been here. Unfortunately, we have a hungry world-wide audience for it now . . .

Seriously...how can some people be totally lacking in the "common sense" department?

LEESBURG, Ga. (AP) - A south Georgia teenager is charged with child cruelty after an online video showed a young man launching a baby several feet across a room.

The video posted on YouTube shows the teenage boy putting a baby on one side of a large, inflatable pillow on the floor.

The boy then jumps on the pillow and the baby flies several feet across the room before landing on the floor and crying. Sheriffs say the teen's parents were supposed to be babysitting the child.

The 16-year-old Lee County boy was arrested Tuesday after a school teacher saw the video and called the sheriff's office. The boy's name was not released because of his age.

He's been charged with cruelty to children.

The video has since been removed from YouTube.

First, there's the moron that actually did the act. If he didn't set up a camera, then that would mean the introduction of moron #2 that thought that this would be funny. Second...somebody thought that this was funny enough to post on YouTube??

Youth is no excuse for stupidity.

That's messed up! What is wrong with people? They should have that stuff done to them.

It's too complex to explain why people are so screwed up.

Why am I reminded of Michael Jackson and The Crocodile Hunter!?

Consequences. There must be punishment for what people do. We've become so wishy-washy as a society that we practically beg for idiots to do as they please.

I had a long post but deleted it (twice now). The young man that hurt the child should be knocked on his posterior by his father AND mother then punished some more by the law.

"OK Ike, Kick the baby!"

Funny on South Park, not so much so in real life. I wonder what TV show, videogame, song or other item will get the blame for "making" him do it. YouTube itself will probably become a focal point before long if these things keep happening.

I was just watching FOX news and they had an update on this story. I missed most of it, but apparently there is a second video of this kid doing something to this baby. Like I said, I missed most of the story, but now the baby has to get her hearing checked to make sure she isn't deaf now! What on earth did he do to her?? This punk needs to pay! Did anybody else see the update? Maybe you can fill me in on what happened in the second tape.

XD never trust your baby sitter rofl
seriously it could've been fun if they'd catch him :-))

Back