What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So, Day 2

after my wisdom teeth were removed.
first day was filled with drowsiness and dizziness mostly from the anastesia wearing off.
once the pain meds wore off, i was in a bit of pain, but thats it.
ive only taken em once since then, Hydrozyine pamoate, Erythromycin, and oxycodone, whoo. lol
and some mouthwash stuff.
but im doing fine today so far.

I'm glad you're doing better.

Glad to hear you're doing alright.

I kicked off my new year 2008 by getting mine removed. lol Wasn't a big deal, only took something stronger than ibuprofen on the first day. In fact, that first night I ate spaghetti and watched a movie at my friends house. LOL

Enjoy the pudding, milk shakes, sympathy. I know I did! ;)

Two years ago I had my tonsils, uvula, and adenoids removed. WOW! PAIN. Although I do sympathize with your pain, I can guarantee mine was much worse. So bad I was one Oxycodone for almost 3 weeks solid. That was pretty awesome, but the waking up in the middle of the night coughing up scabs and blood was not. If you can forgo that surgery, I wouldn't recommend it. FEEL BETTER!

Glad your doin good. Mine are going to be removed sometime this summer....

Weird you're on those meds and whatnot. When I got mine removed, I had 1 tooth taken halfway out with no anesthesia (at my request). BAD idea lol. Then the dentist just gave me a local, and later that night I was able to eat whatever I wanted (except gum). I didn't even have any swelling either.

i wanna see your face right now.... how swollen is it? and rinsing with warm salt water helps ALOT!

im not swollen and im on those meds because im alergic to asprin and motrin
as far as the tonsils thing goes
i still have my uvula
but i had my tonsils and adnoids removed.
tonsils were bigger than golf balls.
Soooo i know what that pain was like
this is just an annoying pain. alot better than i thought.

When I got mine out I had no problems. In fact, I think I broke every single rule they gave me with the first 36 hours. I wish they had given me some nice pain killers...

xvart.

how can you get your uvula removed? that's just.... weired...

I had one tooth removed about 3 days before I was supposed to leave for a month in Italy. Not smart. I woke up at about 3am the morning of the flight unable to swallow and in intense pain. I called Delta customer service and got that lovely automated system "please say your reservation number". Well, swollen like a pissed off puffer fish and unable to open my mostly locked jaws, I had to try to say a number with a lot of letters/numbers that sounded alike (such as P3VCT etc). The voice politely replied "I'm sorry...I didn't understand you. Please say your reservation number again." I did as instructed and was met with the same response. I knew that what I was saying was coming out sounding like "EEEE, EEEEE, MWEEE, TEEEE" but I was trying. After about three tries the voice finally gave up and transferred me to an operator and I was able to postpone the flight.

Before all was done, I ended up having a second wisdom tooth pulled which seems to have helped things out but considering that I had some lockjaw from the first pulling, the second one required that I be out cold. I wasn't going to argue, although when the doc used the term "happy juice" to describe what he was going to give me I probably should have been a bit concerned.

The lockjaw stuck around, but it gradually improved. I will say that spending three weeks straight in Rome was wonderful therapy. Jaws cannot remain locked around all of that amazing food.

I never did figure out what happened and the doc said that everything went smoothly. I don't usually react like that.

the doc told me to do a jaw exercise since my jaw was locked, i gotta hold on to my upper teeth and pull down the bottom teeth like i'm forcing it to open, but only alittlebit at a time.

lol I am allergic to motrin and asprin also so they gave me vicadin and amoxocylin ......swelling wore off after the 2 day for me.....but then again i was abd and drank through a straw and got dry sockets lol

Back