What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new draft-N router

I just bought a D-link DIR-655 Xtreme Draft-N gigabit router. I had been using a 5 year old Linksys BEFW11S4 that I felt was deteriorating in performance. With my laptop where it usually is, with the linksys, I was getting 1.9mps. Now with the D-link, I'm getting almost 7mbps. What's odd, is I bought the router last night...and it's already here.

This is my first venture into draft-n products. I didn't even know the laptop I have had a draft-n card in it until yesterday lol.

If you have an N card, I highly recommend making the upgrade. It had become common for me to wait minutes for pages to load w/ my old router, but now everything appears much, much quicker. Soooooo worth the $107 I paid for it.

PS: Are cat6 cables the same size as cat5? Also.....is it worth getting one or not? They're only like $6 for a 25' cable, so I guess it couldn't hurt. My current cable is missing the plastic tab that locks it into a port on one end, so I need a replacement anyway.

Back