What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Pics, Bad Storm Front, Fireworks and Nature..

*Barracuda_45*

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama
Just wanted to share some pics i took recently, first is a REAL BAD storm front that came in while we just got to the track for trophey races, gates just opened and we just got situated in our pit when this bad storm blew in, it had a wall to it that reminded me of a hurricane, along with this came 60++ MPH winds, it was bad and alot of towns were without power including us as it hit home while we were gone, as we was leaving in the high winds pouring rain with hail, there was trees down all over the roads.
I wanted to conect all the pics together in a line so you could see the whole storm in one pic but i couldnt figure out how to do that..:blush:
This is the section of the storm that went straight to our house,
DSCF2979.jpg

and then what was comming over us,
DSCF2978.jpg

DSCF2977.jpg

and then as we were all scrambling to our cars it hit and there was one gust of wind that was atleast 70MPH when that storm wall hit us.
DSCF2982.jpg

a few pics of our furry friends that visit us nightly, Northern Flying Squirrel.
DSCF3013.jpg

they will eat right out of our fingers and i have petted a few at times. There very very cute.. They LOVE peanutbutter...:-D
and his buddy..
DSCF3016.jpg

Some fireworks from the 4th..
DSCF3050.jpg

DSCF3052.jpg

DSCF3053.jpg

DSCF3054.jpg

DSCF3065.jpg

and a hidden suprise,
what seems like just leafs and plants on the ground can be very deciving..
DSCF1037.jpg

so i got down completly on my stomach to take a pic of what was there..
DSCF1038.jpg

and without touching anything around it i used flash to get what was inside this hole..
DSCF1039.jpg

now we got sick to death:censor: :censor: :censor: of the neighbors thru the woods cats and dogs getting into things we love and it happend to be bird nests and our pond and such, last yr there cat distroyed many bird nests with babies in them including what was in this shrub, we got lucky and the same birds came back again and built there tiny nest in the same exact shrub, so we fixed our prob and are now putting these cages around any nests we find that are close to the ground. Not only does it stop the cats or dogs from getting to them but it also helps protect them from racoons as well.
DSCF3067.jpg

and the babies finaly hatched yesterday there are 4 in there, sorry for the blurry pic but i dont want to touch anything.
DSCF3068.jpg

ENJOY!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing all those pics :) It's very nice of you to care for those birds :) That storm looked bad! The fireworks looked good

Edit: I can't believe I forgot to mention the flying squirrels! They look a lot like sugar gliders!
:)

pileated woodpecker,
DSCF2662.jpg

trashing the pole to the feeder, these woodpeckers can dimolish a tree in seconds.
and sound like a jackhammer..
DSCF2728.jpg

Hummers in flight, first up male,
DSCF2755.jpg

female,
DSCF2760.jpg

i belive this is the Atlas moth, very very BIG moth, fresh out of its cacoon drying its wings.
DSCF2762.jpg

DSCF2765.jpg

DSCF2769.jpg

ENJOY!!!

Trapper your very welcome, i love sharring nature pics and such with everyone.. As for the flying squirrels they are just like sugar gliders but only fatter and alittle bigger...:-D

Awesome pics! That storm seemed pretty bad :/

DSCF2662.jpg

I think that is a pileated woodpecker

I like the humming birds. The ants really like their feeder and the hummingbirds get to drink the stuff and eat the ants.

lol i would love to have one of those squirrels....lol .....and set it loose upon my victims...muwhahahaha lol....kittens! war kittens!

DSCF2662.jpg

I think that is a pileated woodpecker

Thanks for the correction Ozzy... I get those 2 mixed up alot..:blush: :blush: I got a pair of them living out here in the woods we see them on a regular basis. They are sooooooooo HUGE when there up close at the feeder or on a tree by the window, and they can be LOUD at times..

It's Woody Woodpecker! I used to have sugar gliders :) Apparently we have flying squirrels here in FL but I've never seen one :( Those hummingbirds are very pretty! The moth looks like it would be fun to cuddle with :-D Sooooft ;)

The woodpecker is really cool. I've only ever seen those wimpy little white and black ones. That one looks like it could peck a hole through your head.

Fireworks :'( I missed the fourth this year

And on the note of baby birds, before I moved out of my apt. at school for the year, some bird built a nest in our dryer vent cover. A few days before moving out, the babies hatched, you could hear them. So long story short, I left some stuff there accidentally and had to go back. Already a week later, the maintenance staff had removed of the nest and its contents. I wonder what they did with the little guys. I'm sure it wasn't nice.

Back