What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giant VFT in Journey to the center of the Earth

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
I dunno if anyone else has noticed this, but the new movie Journey to the Center of the Earth has a giant VFT. It is a little unrealistic in the VFT moves to try to get the guy, but it is there. Go check it out on the link.

i saw this on the commercial, seems a little unlikely that there would be a giant VFT at the center of the earth

Was a VFT in the book? Its been ages since I've read Jules Verne, but MAN, those were some of my favorites as a wee 'lil lad. Just for fun, I may just check that book out next time I'm at the library! HAH! :)

I just knew someone was going to make a thread about this....

It does look pretty neat, though.

hehe put ur mouse cursor over the right VFT

I think we growers sometimes focus on growing these plants to look amazing to the point we forget most of us started out wanting to grow them is because of their carnivorous nature. At least for me that's true. Now I mostly care how robust they look and how their colors look or whether I can divide them into more plants.....getting excited over them eating was "so" 17 years ago...:p

i take my comment back, i would love a giant VFT that could eat people

I did happen to catch that on the commercial. I guess this puts some question on the light requirements for VFTs. Perhaps if we starve ours of light, then they'll grow up to me ginormous man-eaters. Perhaps there is something to that thread about putting sarrs in totally unhealthy conditions and watching the growth take off?

I was actually going to make a thread on this a few weeks ago, but I decided not to :p. They're still awesome, though.

I saw 3 earlier versions of this story/movie at the store yesterday - anybody see the other ones?

I saw 3 earlier versions of this story/movie at the store yesterday - anybody see the other ones?

I looked on IMDB, and there are like 13 versions of this story!

The 1959 version is pretty good. Has James Mason in it. Unfortunately, also has Pat Boone. But it has a landmark soundtrack composed by Bernard Hermann, which sort of makes up for the presence of Pat Boone. Haven't seen it since I was a kid, so it may not be as good as I remember. ???

The only other one I've seen was the 1993 TV version. Really bad. The only memorable thing about it was that one of the actors was the guy who played Tuvok on Star Trek Voyager.

Back