What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible new items at flytrapshop.com... Are you interested?

Clint- running a TC lab would be nice. If me, my wife, and 2 kids didn't live in a 800sq ft apartment... Just don't have the room. Thanks though!

BigBella- remember that I live in Arizona. My greenhouse gets over 100 every day with a cooler running on high all day. There is no way I could grow highland neps (or most picky intermediates probably) or Heli (I have 2 barely hanging on right now) I'll continue on my efforts to expand... but with space (and time ...remember that this is only my side job, I also have a full time job and care for my kids (no baby sitter, my wife and I work oposite schedules....) ) against me it's not so easy.
Andrew

That's it leave your jobs and move up north then. Growing in desert really cuts down on what you can grow and people always want a selection. But like I said I'm looking for some more Petiolaris complex so that's money there.

Sorry, I didn't realize where you were. I am currently in fog-shrouded and self-immolating California. How about some interesting lowland Nepenthes then (heh, heh,heh)?

When asking people what they are interested in, I think it is more often the quality of the plants in question than the partiicular species. I have had endless issues in the past with companies (I will not name names, no lawyers please ) who have no compunction whatsoever about sending out material on the verge of death just to make a sale . . .

As an illustration, and an example of what no one wishes to see, is a Nepenthes villosa I received in 2007 (just out of the box and at no small cost) and its much-belated recovery now. " It was Prognosis: Negative last Summer. I did receive a refund though, so this one turned out to be a "freebie" . . .

NV.jpg
Nvillosa08.jpg

i say seeds, i would buy seeds of anything really

even if there capensis

my favorite thing is watching a plant that you planted from a seed grow-plus you dont have really have to take care of seeds(besides storage and temps and moisture)

I'm not sure how the topic got changed... But I'm not particularly looking for a list of what people are looking for (thanks for your input though!). This particular topic was if there was interest in the books, so lets please stick to that for now :) My stock will grow- for the time I've been open, I don't think I'm doing too bad ;)
Andrew

PS- BigBella- I tend to agree. I don't send out anything that I wouldn't want to receive.

I'm not sure how the topic got changed... But I'm not particularly looking for a list of what people are looking for (thanks for your input though!). This particular topic was if there was interest in the books, so lets please stick to that for now :) My stock will grow- for the time I've been open, I don't think I'm doing too bad ;)
Andrew

PS- BigBella- I tend to agree. I don't send out anything that I wouldn't want to receive.

Like I said before, I am up for a couple of the titles, but you may be better served by just waiting for them to arrive in trade paperback format before any big purchase. I picked up Pitcher Plants of The Americas in that format through Amazon last year and couldn't be happier. Often these specialty titles go to paperback fairly quickly . . .

Back