What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here smoke cigars?

• Thread starter poolboy101
  • Start date
I have started going to the cigar shop, and having a cigar or two a week. I was just wondering how many of you guys smoke stogies. I don't smoke cigarettes or anything but good hand made cigars. My mom has been giving me so much grief ever since i went to the shop the second time. she smokes cigarettes and I know shes worried about my health but I love a good cigar. It is starting to annoy me but im getting side tracked. lol so if you do smoke whats your favorite?

Heres my list:
La Flor Dominica
Vista De Cuba (my favorite)
La Flor Double ligero (worst thing I've ever tasted)
fonseca (the kind in the black tube?)

Why is she complaining when she smokes cigarettes? I didn't think cigar smokers actually inhaled the smoke.... so you'd think it would be better?

I have started going to the cigar shop, and having a cigar or two a week. I was just wondering how many of you guys smoke stogies. I don't smoke cigarettes or anything but good hand made cigars. My mom has been giving me so much grief ever since i went to the shop the second time. she smokes cigarettes and I know shes worried about my health but I love a good cigar. It is starting to annoy me but im getting side tracked. lol so if you do smoke whats your favorite?

Heres my list:
La Flor Dominica
Vista De Cuba (my favorite)
La Flor Double ligero (worst thing I've ever tasted)
fonseca (the kind in the black tube?)

I agree with your assessment of La Flor Dominica and Vista De Cuba for being accessible and available, but rarely smoke anything now. The jack-booted "politically-correct" crowd in CA is slightly less understanding than the Waffen SS. I smoke now only when I am overseas -- something else I always look forward to, that, and durian . . .

I do i just dont pay attention to what Im getting I just ask what they recomend. Bram good cigar.

im more of a pipe smoker

I don't smoke but I have my cousin working on bringing me back some cubans when he gets out of the army. To sell here of course.

I don't smoke but I have my cousin working on bringing me back some cubans when he gets out of the army. To sell here of course.

You do know that the above statement is not something you really want to advertise on a public place, right? People sometimes seem to forget- these forums are in essence a "public place." Sure Andrew owns them, but what you say sticks around, and comes up on search engines.... Just something to consider.

Here's a question for you cigar smokers out there: When smoking a cigar, do you remove the label?

I always thought it was kinda pretentious when people don't... Is it just me? Maybe pretentious isn't the best word for it, though...

The jack-booted "politically-correct" crowd in CA is slightly less understanding than the Waffen SS.

LOL Well-put. Isn't the cigar tax like 135% here? Or was that measure quashed?

You may as well have said you sell marijuana in your spare time. Maybe that embargo will end soon.

I have always heard you should remove the label whenever 1/4th of the cigar has burnt. I think it's so the glue will soften and it will be less likely to tear the tobacco leaves.

I wouldn't call it pretentious not to remove it beyond the purpose above. Conspicuous consumption maybe but only if the smoker hopes others will see the label.

I used to smoke cheap cigars while fishing to keep the black flies away. I don't remember those cigars having labels. Either the companies didn't want to fess up to being responsible for their product or the price was too low to cover the cost of a label. Both are believable.

Well I don't usually take the label off, but Not to show what I'm smoking. I just like it on so people know its not weed. lol thats the price of living in the ghetto. lol

..... I'll remember to leave the label on next time I'm making a doobie. Thanks!

I am totally kidding. I honestly don't smoke pot and haven't for two years lol. Makes me paranoid.

dont care for cigars, but who doesnt like a good blunt once in a while :-O

Back