What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exceeding allowable messages

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
We all have a 75 message limit and sometimes members hit that limit and no more can be received. Aside from trying Email people and telling them (if they are set up for Email from TF), is there some sort of message that gets sent to a member that they hit their limit? Or do they just have to realize on their own or being told on a forum topic?

YOU maybe. Us greenies get like 250.

There is not. I hate the limits. We used to not have limits :( But it keeps me from having 15 pages of crap.

The first place people should look to delete messages is their "Sent Messages" folder.

The default is to put a copy of any messages sent to this folder. Just uncheck the option before sending a private message unless you actually want a copy.

yes, the person with a full inbox does get a email (if their email is valid) Lets say Jimscott trys to message Clint and Clint's box is full...

Subject: Inbox full at Terra Forums Carnivorous Plant Discussions
Dear Clint,
Jimscott has just tried to send you a private message. However, your private messages box on Terra Forums Carnivorous Plant Discussions has reached the specified quota. In order to receive further private messages, you must delete some messages. Please visit this page to do so:
http://www.terraforums.com/forums/private.php

So it even tells you who you missed a message from. So when you clear your box, you can write and ask them what's up. Of course, you can always watch the little meter on the top of your PM to make sure you're never full.
Andrew

Really? I've NEVER gotten an E-mail and this has happened to me before.

Check your email spam folder.

Then you don't have a valid email for your account, or have my email in your spam... (or not checking the right account?) I know for fact that email is received. Someone replied to it June 29th and that's how I knew what it said... Before that, I wouldn't have known it was sent either.

I know you get a message when your inbox is full. I get them all the time.

Last edited:
There is also the information in the top right of each page:

Welcome, xvart.
You last visited: 07-11-2008 at 11:02 AM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 111.

You can keep an eye on the total number. Looks like I need to clean up shop!

xvart.

I never realized PMs were so popular!
Yikes!

I just had to clean out a ton of messages. I do keep a lot for references and so I don't forget stuff. I get those warning messages that my PM box is getting full all the time. It's the sent PMs that tend to build up.

Also remember just because you cannot store thousands of PMs on my server... Doesn't mean you can't keep every single pm if you want to. When you're on your main PM page, at the bottom right you'll see 3 options for downloading PMs and keeping them on your computer...

Download all Private Messages as:
XML | CSV | Text

I do mine in Text format... Then I can use the search feature in my writing program to search the pms for what I'm looking for.
Andrew

There is also the information in the top right of each page:

You can keep an eye on the total number. Looks like I need to clean up shop!

xvart.
LMAO xvart!!!!! :-)) :-)) You deffinately need to tidy up alittle bit eh?? LOL!!!!!:-D
I try to keep mine pretty clean..

Back