What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowering Pics

Ok guys, go easy. This is my boyfriend's (technoracer), I don't know the official name...I'm sure he does, but for my sake he calls it an airplant. I was at his house the other day and happened to look in and see this!! (I took it out for a mini-photoshoot :jester: )

DSC_3582-sm.jpg

DSC_3589-sm.jpg

DSC_3584-sm.jpg

Thoughts?

Wow, that would be awesome to have on my trees (if they can grow there anyways :p).

That's a beautiful plant. Thanks for sharing. I believe that airplants are Tillandsia. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

xvart.

your right xvart.....though i have no clue which Tillandsia species the above is...

Very nice color! Aren't you the one that is into cars?

Nice!!! Tell Brian HI!!

The photos are awesome. :)

hi guys,
since i'm often away from home for weeks at a time, i sometimes don't get to see things like this happen with the few plants i still have. i don't know the proper name for this, or the other two Tillandsia i have, but they all seem to flower in my 55.

PAK- HI!
JIMSCOTT- yep! that's her!

peace,
tech...

Why does Alyssa Milano come to mind?

LOL! Now... can you say, "Des two yutes..."?

Alyssa Milano was a the g/f of Joe Peschi in the Movie called, "My Cousin Vinnie". She was VERY well-versed in cars and used as a witness in a robbery. Anyhoo, with a thick NYC accent, Vinnie, a wannabe lawyer, says, "Des two yutes, meaning 'these two youths...."

So those pictures were of you.... and not the actress?

Alyssa Milano was a the g/f of Joe Peschi in the Movie called, "My Cousin Vinnie". She was VERY well-versed in cars and used as a witness in a robbery. Anyhoo, with a thick NYC accent, Vinnie, a wannabe lawyer, says, "Des two yutes, meaning 'these two youths...."

So those pictures were of you.... and not the actress?

Actually Marisa Tomei is the actress who played "Mona Lisa Vito" g/f of Joe Peschi in the Movie "My Cousin Vinnie".
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104952/

Alyssa Milano is the girl that played "Phoebe" on the TV Show called "Charmed".
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0158552/

The girl in the first picture is Alyssa Milano but not the girl in the second picture.

Anyways back on topic cool pics and plant!!

LOL!! Thank you for the explanation. I just googled milano and the only resemblance was the hair, so I just posted up my pic (second one) for reference. I really had no clue what was going on. :-))

And thanks for the comments on the pics :grin:

Oops.. my bad! :blush:

Back