What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good PS2 games

• Thread starter jm82792
  • Start date
So I enjoy playing good video games every once in a while.
I greatly enjoyed the ratchet and clank series and the jak and daxter series.
It's been a loong time since I've played much of anything,
does anyone have any good suggestions ? Or were those
games like the only good action/adventure shooters ?
I can't buy a PS3 or anything new, my brother will
eventually unintentionally destroy it(I have FIVE siblings now)
and besides I can't afford it(yes you guessed it,the reef tank)

how about computer games?
but good PS2 Game that i liked are the Final fantasy series, a game called disgaea.

Interesting you should ask. I just busted out my PS2 last night since I had a night off and my wife was working the overnight shift at the hospital. My favorites are Final Fantasy X, Tony Hawk 3... Trying to think of others...

xvart.

You'd probably like Dark Cloud 2. You can get it used for under $20, and it takes a looooong time to beat. It has cool features too. Like the main character has a camera, and you can take pics of things, then combine 3 diff pictures to "invent" something that you can then make from raw materials you pick up. You make yourself new weapons and stuff. It's way cooler than I'm describing it lol.
The Xenosaga series was also great and very worth the money, but the 2nd one's battle system kinda sucks, and the 3rd gets impossible towards the end. "Ys" is another good one.

shadow of the colossus was a great game, same with kingdom hearts. And if you haven't played the metal gear solid series yet, you should be severely punished. MGS 1 was on PS1, number 2 and number 3 were on PS2. Number 4's out on PS3, but that still leaves 3 great games.

Good call on the Metal Gear Solid games. If I had been able to find my memory card last night I probably would have played until dawn!

xvart.

god of war 1 and 2. probably the best games of the ps2. :)

gotta agree with the FFX, kingdom heart is somewhat childish cartoonish, but fun to play. i didnt really like god of war.... its just a bunch of button mashing and attacking everything you see, run in to the wall and start attacking the wall stuff. metal gear was good, except that 4 isnt on ps2 and i dont have a PS3. darkcloud 2 was good, i loved it.

FF7 is old but still really fun. My favorite game. You may well have already played it.

I highly recommend Resident Evil 4.

Shadow of the Colossus was a work of art! God of War 1,2, Okami and a few others are awesome too. I don't care what anybody says, I love Bloodrayne 1,2. Recently though, I got an xbox360 and retired my ps2. It's all boxed up and sitting in the closet.

Definitely Shadow of the Colossus and Ico(slightly older), Kingdom hearts, Resident evil(2, code veronica, and 4 are the ones I've really enjoyed), and I've heard great things about Max payne, Metal gear solid, and Devil may cry 1 & 3.

I play alot of pc games, FPS mostly.Halo,Escape from Castle Wolfenstien,Ghost Recon.Right now I play alot of Counter Strike Source,Portal is pretty cool also.Sorry that I didnt help as none of these are not ps2 games.

Thanks for the suggestions :)
I'll look online on ebay for a title or two :D
Kinda pathetic,I used to be into games and am /was dumb and clueless game wise :jester:
I do computer games,the command and conquer series is fun same thing with the non continued Mech warrior 4(kinda fun ). My Core Dou computer is not for gaming but runs most games pretty well...

I highly recommend Resident Evil 4.

This. This game is still to this day one of the single best gaming experiences I've had.

Katamari games are good I had fun with the crazy game, Okami is a good game sure it's now on the wii, but the ps2 one is the first one and has everything intact epilogue and credits the music, story, and graphics are really good the style of the game is sorta like Zelda, but it's not exact same thing..

Metal gear series and Shadow of the Colossus is a good game too.

I don't know if you like racing games at all, but Gran Turismos 3/4 are both a lot of fun as a simulator type car game.

Otherwise I would agree with some of the above, Metal Gear Series being some of my favorites.

Back