What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new kitty

• Thread starter larry
  • Start date
I adopted Homer last thursday. He was very scared his first night, he'd hide behind the washing machine and refuse to come out. Eventually he got bored and ventured out but stayed away from me. I grabbed and petted him. That calmed him down a bit. 4 days later, he now loves me. Follows me everywhere and likes to sleep on me.

He sure sleeps a lot
2683205461_57f3dc4ca5_o.jpg

2684022228_79389f7d4c_o.jpg

2685619757_531cbdeb42_o.jpg

Getting himself all dirty the first time I take him outside
2686433822_cf7d576ca7_o.jpg

2685619283_c48311f1bf_o.jpg

The rest of his pics can be found here

Instead of a cat, you should have bought a chainsaw and gone around slashing and destroying things and knocking things around. Then put the chainsaw away and cleanup and replace things. It would save some time compared to waiting for the cat to do it.

Cute! and is the blue rope suppose to be a leash? LOL!

Homer is to die for! I wish my wife wasn't allergic to cats. I guess we'll just have to wait for one of those new genetically engineered cats that don't "create" the dander or whatever is special about them. When you say adopted, do you mean from a rescue program or the humane society?

Instead of a cat, you should have bought a chainsaw and gone around slashing and destroying things and knocking things around. Then put the chainsaw away and cleanup and replace things. It would save some time compared to waiting for the cat to do it.

Hilarious! And it would be more fun to do it with a chainsaw I might add.

xvart.

Awww so adorable. i love cats, the cat we have is currently on her way to 19 years old...lol her name is Snoopy, and she is adorable, although annoying when she is wanting inside, she is deaf, so her meowing sounds like a crying child o_o

I got him from a no kill animal shelter. That blue rope is a cat harness. He don't like it, but if he wants to go out again, he's gonna have to tolerate it :)
Wow, 19 years old, you must have done something right!

Homer is adorable! That second picture is hilarious! He looks like a gremlin in that one! And his tongue sticking out in the third one is too cute! Good for you for adopting him :bigthumpup:

My wife's Siamese cat made it to 18. And, in case xvart is still checking in here, Siamese cats tend to be non-allergenic. I'm allergic to cats and, a few months after the last non-Siamese cat went to the great litterbox in the sky, l realized my allergies and asthma were gone too. Even though the Siamese was with us a few more years.

Oh the troubles you'll see! Time to realise that everything in the house has an electrical cord, and NOTHING is as fun for kittens as messing with those!

Kittens are great but ya totally gotta keep watch on 'em for a while. I had two which are now young adults. I'd have one destroying an in-progress sculpture on one end of the house with the other climbing & dumping over my bookshelves on the other end of the house... I still wouldn't part with them for anything though! :)

Ohhh mi goodness!! How precious! He's so tiny! :D

I'd love to have a cat again but...since Ollie would just see a kitten as just another "small furry animal" to chase and shake....I don't.

I love Siamese. My beloved little lilac point lived to 18. Lordy that was hard...

Yep...you're in for trouble. Nothing spells trouble like a kitten! He'll play in your bath tub...and climb your curtains. lol But then get all spikey and bounce side ways at you and its soooo funny. :D

That kitten is darling! It's almost like having a toddler. Eventually, Homer will settle down and do more "meatloafing".

Oh the troubles you'll see! Time to realise that everything in the house has an electrical cord, and NOTHING is as fun for kittens as messing with those!

Kittens are great but ya totally gotta keep watch on 'em for a while. I had two which are now young adults. I'd have one destroying an in-progress sculpture on one end of the house with the other climbing & dumping over my bookshelves on the other end of the house... I still wouldn't part with them for anything though! :)

His first night home, he chewed in half the antenna wire on my stereo. He hasn't chewed any wire since. Hopefully the wire chewing was just because he was nervous. He's got plenty of toys to keep him entertained while I'm at work.

Ohhh mi goodness!! How precious! He's so tiny! :D

I'd love to have a cat again but...since Ollie would just see a kitten as just another "small furry animal" to chase and shake....I don't.

I love Siamese. My beloved little lilac point lived to 18. Lordy that was hard...

Yep...you're in for trouble. Nothing spells trouble like a kitten! He'll play in your bath tub...and climb your curtains. lol But then get all spikey and bounce side ways at you and its soooo funny. :D

He loves to zoom across the tile floor and drift. Of course he misjudges it and bonks his head into the metal trashcan, it's too funny!

Congratulations on the new kitty! :)

Reminds me of the time when I got my pup when she was only 6 weeks old. Sleepless nights, endless worries.... it is like having a baby.

Cool! I like cats.

The first LACPS meeting I went to DJ had brought Fay Wray and I guess it was Amy's cat that was there too. Any group that has dogs and cats at the meetings is worthwhile in my book.

Are you going to bring Homer to a future meeting sometime?

Hahaha, my cat snoopy, as i said is going on 19, has lived as an outdoor cat her whole life. shes quite the tough old cat. But shes sweet, and loves attention. Homer is absolutely adorable, the sliding thing is cute, my chihuahua does it....xD

It's so nice to see a pet get a home and be saved from either being killed or running wild and eventually getting killed. :)

Congrats! He's really cute.

I had two cats, a siamese and a tabby. They both recently passed away at the ripe old age of
18, almost 19. They were probably my 2 closest friends.
Good luck and enjoy him!

It's so nice to see a pet get a home and be saved from either being killed or running wild and eventually getting killed. :)

That's exactly what I was thinking. Very noble adoption; although, how could you resist that precious guy?!

xvart.

Back