What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sphagnum bogs in northern Wisconsin

my family is planning to visit northern wisconsin in about 2 or so weeks.
i know there are plenty of bogs in northern wisconsin, but can someone tell me an exact name or location of one of them?
Also, if anyone lives in northern wisconsin and has a collection to show off, that might be cool too.
thanks for the help,
Aaron

Google wisconsin bog and see what you can find. Where are you going in northern WI? If I were going to northern WI, I'd want to see to the Apostle Islands, one of my personal holy grails. I arranged a work trip to Duluth, MN a few years ago and that would have put me in the area. But I couldn't go because management screwed it up, even though the agency wasn't paying for it. Good luck and enjoy.

i tried googleing about 15 different combos and there is plenty of documentation, just no specific names or locations. we are actually heading to the apostle islands and about 20-30 miles southeast of there as well, so i'm looking foward to that, especially judging by your description of it :)...just wasn't sure if there are any bogs within a reasonable distance of that area.

Try this: http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/er/sna/snamap.htm

For those who haven't heard of them, this is the kind of scene you can find in the Apostle Islands:

cottages%20001.jpg

thanks for the link. pics of those islands are amazing.
we'll have to find a boat service or kayak rental so we can check out the islands up-close.

Back