What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joker Arrested - 3 Rivers Mich. safe again!

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
a3b842e7-2948-4457-9da5-f34ac136dad0.jpeg

Holy hooligans! Phony 'Joker' arrested in Michigan

2008-07-29 08:47:11

<!--startclickprintinclude-->
THREE RIVERS, Mich. (AP) — Police in Michigan have arrested a man who they say tried to steal posters and other items related to the new Batman movie from a cinema lobby while dressed up as the Joker.
Detective Mike Mohney said Monday 20-year-old Spencer Taylor of Three Rivers has been booked for investigation of larceny and malicious destruction of property.
Taylor is scheduled to be arraigned Aug. 5 in St. Joseph County District Court.
There is no telephone listing under his name in the Three Rivers area.
Mohney says officers who were dispatched early Sunday to the theater arrived to find employees restraining a man wearing a purple suit, a green wig and face paint in the style of Batman's nemesis in "The Dark Knight."

I suppose stealing posters can fit within the analogy of "enjoying the world burn."

xvart.

Just imagine all of the chaos that could have been created with those posters, JC.

Have YOU ever been hit with a spit-wad from something the size of a rolled up poster?

Anarchy... pure anarchy...

Have YOU ever been hit with a spit-wad from something the size of a rolled up poster?

Posters No, but popcorn yes, tis why I say "F the movies", I get DVDs (but no dates) ! :)

Petty theft while dressed as his favorite fantasy "hero".........

What a loser. Maybe a short stint in jail will refresh his sense of reality.

He didn't make a very good Joker. And the jokes on him. hehe

haha what a loser! i can just imagine the hold up...

the "joker", in a bad joker accent: "this is a...HOLD up! i want all your posters of me, NOW!"
a movie worker, trying not to laugh, while calling the cops: "su-sure...hahahaha!"
the officer who arrives on scene: "oh my god. your under arrest, for being...stupid."

Haha, that´s probably what happened. If I were one of the police, I would´ve laughed to death at him.

At first I posted this news article cos I thought it was silly and rediculous but I've been thinking about it and it totally works against this clownish system. It would be a dream if we could mobilize 20 - 50 thousand costumed youths to perform similar civil disobedience against all sorts of institutions around the country. Movie theaters, court houses and shopping malls - how soon before these three are all placed together in nifty one-stop shops? Too bad nobody wants to monkey wrench the system anymore... :(

I'd prefer to see the "youth" rise up and resist the government schools, collage campus', corrupt union halls and organized crime / gangs. POWWA TO DA PEEPLES‼‼ :p

I'd prefer to see the "youth" rise up and resist the government schools, collage campus', corrupt union halls and organized crime / gangs. POWWA TO DA PEEPLES‼‼ :p

I'd prefer to see the 20 - 50 thousand youth rise up and register to vote... then elect a sweet DA.

xvart.

Well, first comes social chaos then social change. There can be no change without "chaos", it doesn't have to be violent chaos but enough clear cut disruption of the everyday that people wake up actually notice "something" is going down. Costumed youths (whether Joker or otherwise) would garner immediate attention by society at large and the press. "Today 15,000 Mickey Mouse Club kids rushed Wallstreet painting everything and everyone in sight with flourescent pink paint." Several more manuevers like this and the youths now have the floor...

Electing more politicians is never ever the answer, now lynching politicians from lampposts - that might effect some real change. I'd like to see a town somewhere substitute the old southerner's axiom for blacks with politicians: "Lawman, don't let the sun set on you here."

Back