What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the trials of painting.

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
Just a little fun I have been having this week.

My father and I have been painting my house so I can sell it in DEC. We put a first coat of paint on this wall.

100_0339.jpg

After the second coat was put on I noticed some bubbling in the paint. We tried to scrap the bubbles and hoped to just repaint to get it to look alright. Well it didn't. So I went to a bubble with a razor blade and this is what happened.

100_0344.jpg

100_0345.jpg

The entire wall pealed off the old green paint under it!! Needless to say we had to repaint the wall.

It turned out nice and this is some of the finished pics I took after the cainets were finished too.
100_0350.jpg

100_0352.jpg

Still have some painting to go and hoping to get it finished tomorrow.

Ha ha! Someone ELSE with the puke green 70s kitchen wall paint! I just painted over that myself with beige not a year ago!

As far as difficulties go, have you got some Floetrol mixed in that paint? It'll go on a lot better and generally without bubbles if you add some.

Just as a heads up, when paint bubbles like that, it's sometimes a sign that there is water underneath the wall and making it damp. Once it does that, paint will separate from the wall.

Hmmm that was an interior wall too. Shouldn't have been no water back there. the second coat went up fine and looks great now. I will have finished work pictures up soon.

Swords and believe it or not that green was put up about 5 years ago by my ex wife!!!!! IT IS NOT FROM THE 70'S, but your right it was puke green! Its gone now!

LMAO goes to show you some peoples tastes. He he he

I hate painting.

I do happen to like color in rooms so I don't mind the green. "Neutrals" are so boring but that's my opinion.

My breakfast room is tangerine orange and I love it. Goes with my 1950s art deco breakfast suit and all my other 50s items which are bright and colorful.

But I do feel for ya on that peeling paint. That really sucks!

My kitchen was that green color, the other walls "Goldenrod" or something, the fridge and stove were "sunburst yellow" (like an old Fender guitar; light in the center getting darker towards the edges) and my carpets were all neon-orange shag... Welcome to the groovy 70s (I think this condo went up in '73).
I don't mind color, it's just that those colors together was eyeslaughter! :)

you sure you werent peeling sunburn from a Giants BAck?

Back