What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is gonna be fun ..

thbjr

Don't eat me,... Mr. Flytrap
Well, I getting myself another plane. It looks like this. :banana2:
In a month or so, I'll be an official 'jelly fish' flier!!!!
watch

Woah holy cow, I would be so scared.

I see a couple fly around here once in a wile during the summer. Looks pretty sweet.

LOL! Take off speed is 13MPH and top speed is about 25. Your parachute is already open. What's to be afraid of?

lol my best friend had a 2 seated PPC, i had so much fun flying that thing around. its really not as bad as it looks moo. you actually have really good control of it, and you can kill the engine and still land safely, basically turns into a glider, but its very fun. Very nice, be sure to show us some pics of it when you get it

Wow, how high does the price tag of one of those run?! That's pretty awesome!:-O

Wow, how high does the price tag of one of those run?! That's pretty awesome!:-O

All new equipment with trike or quad and training, from $10,500 to about $14,000. Foot launch for about $7500.
I'm getting a very lightly used unit, only about 20 hours on it, with training for under $6K.

That place (the company he reps) is just down the road from me. They launch from an area here called 'point of the mountain', and it get favorable winds most of the year. On any given day you can lots of those - and paragliders, and hang gliders flying from there. One day I will try it. That and getting a glider plane rating is on my list of things to do.

Enjoy - I'm jealous, sure looks fun!

I see those every year at EAA's Airventure. They do look like a ton of fun, especially the foot launch ones where you just strap a fan to your back. I'd take ultralights any day to one of those though. :cool:

Your parachute is already open. What's to be afraid of?
Aactually, a lot. This isn't like a normal parachute. Air has to be constantly flowing through these for them to work. If you happened to slow down to much, the chute could collapse.
The "parachute" on these things could pretty much be considered a flexible wing, meaning it won't save you from a free fall.

But by all means, have fun. I have always wanted to fly in one.

And also, you said "another plane." What other planes do you have?

Yes, you have to have air flowing through it. It is an inflatable wing, and yes, if you try hard
enough you can collapse it and if you're close enough to the ground, crash before it re-inflates.
But having said that, if you try hard enough, you can crash any flying machine.
I did have another ultralight, a Cosmos Phase II with a 12.1 wing that I logged over 440 hours in.
I sold it because I have this hang up about the FAA saying thay yesterday I could fly my plane, safely,
under FAR 103. Only to wake up one morning to find that because it was capabale of carrying 2 people,
instead of only 1, it was now a light sport plane, had to be N numbered and I had to be FAA licensed. Grrrrr.
So I sole it and will now be flying again unfer 103 regulations.

My old plane
MVC-012F-1.jpg

Before flight
MVC-007S.jpg

During flight
inflight.jpg

MVC-010S-1.jpg

After flight...
MVC-016S.jpg

Hahaha, love your hair in the after flight pic ;)

I've never seen one of those planes before (the first one). Have fun!

Hey thbjr - wow an ultralight?! I've always wanted to fly one of those. There's even a ultralight airpark just down the road from here. I've always meant to drop by and check it out. That always struck me as 'real' flying. Feeling the wind in your hair, down low and slow. Beats letting the computers do it all, up high. I worked a trip with a guy who owned one, and he really got me interested. Have fun man. Great pics!

That looks awesome, but yet a little scary.

LOL! Take off speed is 13MPH and top speed is about 25. Your parachute is already open. What's to be afraid of?

It just seems kind of scary, seeing that you can easily fall off or in open eir. Even though I've been on tons of planes, I'd never go on that (seeing that I also have a fear of rides).

That looks awesome, but yet a little scary.

It just seems kind of scary, seeing that you can easily fall off or in open eir. Even though I've been on tons of planes, I'd never go on that (seeing that I also have a fear of rides).

The ultralight with me, pictured, flew a bit faster that a powered paraglider. It stalled at about 24 mph and top speed was around 70 mph.
But what a blast to fly...as pictured in the 'after flight' pictured.

Nightsky,
next time your in Phoenix...a intro flight is only $125. You'll be hooked.

Back