What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

weired sphagnum

upper

Capensis Killer
is the sphagnum from mosser lee suppose to have a darker kinda sphagnum? i bought a couple of bags of LFS from different brand, and the one from mosser lee was not blond, but dark brownish... it also came with ALOT of leaves inside.

That's what Mosser Lee sells. They long ago depleted the good stuff and now harvest what's left. We'll soon see the same from Chile/New Zealand, as they run out of the good stuff, and we'll talk about how much better LFS is from insert country name here

no way..... i missed out on the good stuff :( lame...

though there's this one company that sells hanging pots of flower, buzzy seed or something. it came with a small packet of LFS, about 1"x3"x3" size. but when i put it in water, that thing puff up like there's no tomorrow. enough to fit a whole 6 and a half inch pot.

is the sphagnum from mosser lee suppose to have a darker kinda sphagnum? i bought a couple of bags of LFS from different brand, and the one from mosser lee was not blond, but dark brownish... it also came with ALOT of leaves inside.

Regardless of the brand you have on hand, there are upwards of 300 species of Sphagnum moss, and their appearances vary not only in terms of size, color, and texture, but also in how thoroughly dried the product becomes during processing; the drier, being almost always the lighter in color . . .

though there's this one company that sells hanging pots of flower, buzzy seed or something. it came with a small packet of LFS, about 1"x3"x3" size. but when i put it in water, that thing puff up like there's no tomorrow. enough to fit a whole 6 and a half inch pot.

We got the same thing. It also came with peat, but didn't get any, but I did get some of the LFS. Barely anything grew, lol.

We got the same thing. It also came with peat, but didn't get any, but I did get some of the LFS. Barely anything grew, lol.

the flower that came with mine grew like crazy, and i still have like 4 more packet left outa 6.

Back